Chapter 1

A few weeks earlier...

Jimin had been having dreams...for a while now.

Weird ones.

And not the normal, you ate a banana and it turned out it was one of your best friends (Jimin still shuddered at the memory of Jin's banana-fied face sobbing at the loss of his upper banana body). No. They were recurring dreams. Not particularly trippy in nature, but weird because it featured the same subject over and over again.

Jimin had decided it was an angel.

It was a girl, around his age, he was fairly certain. With an aura that somehow seemed familiar...but he could never quite put his finger on it. Her face, as well, he could never quite see. It was like the details were always at the corner of his eye, just out of reach. She had shiny dark hair though, and soft little hands, and a glow that seemed to follow her wherever she went. Like a halo. Hence his angel dubbing.

Things had started out slow, starting with a single dream, that wouldn't repeat until the next month. Then, they became weekly, more than weekly, and now...Every. Single. Night.

The amount of time she spent in his dreams increased as well, going from the initial fleeting thirty seconds and now taking up the entirety of his unconscious mind.

Along with the frequency and period of time increasing, the things they did together slowly increased in...intimacy. And no, not in that way...yet. It was merely simple things, becoming increasingly more date-like in quality.

Theme parks and picnics, eating ice cream and walking through a field of flowers. Playing video games and watching Netflix. All fairly innocent things, and then, last night.

Jimin had found himself holding the angel's hand, pulling her into what looked like a seriously expensive restaurant, and Jimin idly wondered how his dream self's wallet could even afford that.

Cause damn.

Sparkling chandeliers and classical music being played live from a grand piano in the corner, with soft accompaniment from a small ensemble. The place screamed 'too expensive for you'.

He recalled being seated at an intimate table, lit by candles, a couple of roses in the middle. He remembered her tinkling laugh, the clinking of utensils on the plates.

Then afterwards, her soft hand linked with his, pulling him outside, the same laugh ringing in his ears.

He had stopped her, once they'd exited the restaurant, turned her around, and kissed her.

And that's when he'd woken up. To the rude alarm sitting on his bedside table, the taste of her lips still lingering on his.

He hadn't even registered the loud blaring of the machine, still in a daze from the events of his dream.

His fingers hovered over his lips, remembering the feel of her soft lips on his, and he swore the heat lingered.

He suddenly jumped up and started pacing around his room. He'd entertained the idea that she was real before, but now he was desperate for her to be so.

There was no way she couldn't be, the gods wouldn't be that cruel, would they? To make him feel this way about a girl that didn't even exist.

Either way, Jimin knew one thing for certain.

He had to find her.

He had to try. Or he'd be left forever wondering. Unsatisfied.

He needed help though, and hsis gaze wandered over to your window, a light going off in his head as he smiled brightly.

He knew exactly where where to find it.

————————

"...and that's when I decided I had to find her."

Your best friend was currently sitting on your bed, trying to explain some weird string of dreams he had, while you sat at your desk, trying to study.

You stopped him at his last words, holding a hand up, a confused look on your face.

"Hang on, hang on. I just want to make sure I heard you correctly."

He looked at you expectantly.

"You're trying to find...your dream girl?"

He looked at you in disbelief, while you laughed at your own joke. You stopped however, when all you heard was silence, and looked up to see a dead serious expression on his face, one that rarely ever sat there.

"This isn't a joke, Y/n. She's real, she has to be, and she's out there."

You stared at him in disbelief and he continued.

"On another note, you are spending waaay too much time with Jin. You've made at least five puns within the last hour. That is not healthy." He shook his head disapprovingly.

You spluttered.

"Me?! I'm not healthy?! Says the boy who's apparently dreamt obsessively about the same person, fell in love with her, despite not being able to see her face, like she's some kind of creepy No-Face, and is now convinced he has to find her in the real world. She's a literal figment of your imagination Jimin!"

He looked shocked and kind of hurt, and you winced, not meaning for it to come out that harsh.

"I didn't mean it Jimin I-"

"No," he interjected. "I didn't expect you to believe me anyway."

You stared at him. When did he get so sensitive? It must be some kind of lack of sleep, you could see light purple shadows forming under his eyes. Actually, scratch that. Jimin was always sensitive. That's why you always found yourself giving into him and coddling him: You didn't want to deal with his tantrums.

This situation wasn't any different, so you sighed and rubbed your face. You never could stand seeing him in any type of pain. Why does he have to be so freaking cute all the freaking time. He's like an adorable baby duck and I really hecking wish he wasn't.

"I'll help you." You said flatly.

His head shot up towards you, eyes wide and shining with hope. "What?"

"You heard me. I'll help you." You grumbled, looking away. And in 1...2...

Jimin launched himself off the bed and towards you.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyou! You're the best friend ever!" He yelled, right in your ear, causing you to wince.

He had both arms wrapped around you in what probably looked like a bear hug from the outside point of view, but felt like a boa constrictor slowly strangling it's prey.

You patted his back, letting out a strangled. "Anything for you, buddy."

He turned and looked at you with shining eyes, opening his mouth to say something, then froze.

He stared right at you for long enough that you started feeling uneasy, before snapping out of it and smiling so wide it must have hurt his chubby little cheeks.

"Let's start today!"

Sigh.