Chapter 7

Another week, another set of failed girls.

You were on the last of the set right now, watching as Jimin completed the final action of the night, reaching for her hand. Kim Yeona was a truly beautiful girl, and you couldn't help but admire how good the two of them looked in the moonlight. They fit each other.

She was exactly his type as well, small and cute, with a killer aegyo. She was smart and nice, and you prayed to the heavens she was the one.

It had now been three weeks since the beginning of this search, and the whole situation was causing a riot in the school. Some girls took the rejection well, holding up their pride, while a few cried, and one even slapped him. Which none of you let him live down for days afterwards.

People whispered in the halls even more, wondering why he was rejecting all these perfectly nice and pretty girls. Some starting to suspect there was more to it than just finding a nice girlfriend.

His hand wrapped around hers, and you saw as his face immediately fell.

You sighed and facepalmed. She wasn't the one.

You were going. To. Murder. Him.

However, Yeona had noticed his face as well, and immediately moved to grasp his face, turning it to look at her.

You perked up, watching more closely. This had just got interesting.

"Jimin...I know I'm not the one you're looking for, but...if you don't end up finding her, or anything else goes wrong, just know I'll always be here. I'm willing to wait."

You were shocked, and by the looks of it so was Jimin. None of the other girls had even been able to tell when they were going to get rejected, always lured into a false sense of security by his sweet smile and warm personality. Jimin was shocked as well, you could tell, he hadn't been expecting this.

"I-erm..." he glanced, panicked, over to where you were hiding, and you glared and waved your hands, frantically trying to make him pay attention to her again.

"Say thank you. Or something, don't give away my position." You whispered through the earpiece hooked up to him.

He instantly nodded and you smacked your face. Way to be subtle, Park Jimin. Now Yeona was probably wondering why the heck he was making faces and nodding at a bush.

"Thank you, Yeona, I'll um...keep that in mind."

She nodded and smiled sweetly, before leaning up to kiss him on the cheek. "I'll see you around then, Park Jimin." She said softly, before turning and walking off.

You waited until she was out of sight before crawling out of the bush and scrambling over to his spot on the bench, where he sat as if glued to the seat.

"So..." you said slyly. "She's a good option."

"But she's not the one..." he protested weakly, and you looked at him, both of you knowing what you were thinking.

Maybe there is no one.

His face fell, and he turned away. "Just a little longer, Y/n, I'm sure of it."

You stayed quiet, then felt a soft hand touching your hair. You turned to see Jimin way too close to your face, his own moonlit face scrunched in concentration.

"You have more leaves in your hair than I ever thought was physically possible." He commented, and continued pulling them out.

You smiled, and sat there letting him remove them.

A comfortable silence reigned, the only noises the distant beeping of cars and the rustling of the leaves being pulled from your hair.

It was nice, you felt like you hadn't been able to spend as much time with him recently, due to the whole dream girl thing, and so finally getting to have some quiet time with your best friend was a relief. You had missed him.