Chapter 4

It was Monday, now, and you were walking through the halls with Jimin. The two of you had gone over the plan countless times, and at this point you were honestly hoping the first girl would be the right one, and everybody could be happy and go home.

You were exhausted. Jimin had called you every night, claiming he couldn't sleep out of excitement. And finally, on Sunday night, after humoring him all weekend, you had snapped and told him that just because he couldn't sleep, didn't mean you couldn't.

You had then hung up the phone, falling back onto your bed with a sigh. You would finally get some of your well deserved peace. You rolled over to face the window, smiling at how nice it was...

...Only to be met with a certain Park freaking Jimin sitting on your balcony, knocking at your window with pleading eyes.

You were just going to leave him there and go to sleep, but his incessant knocking soon made you realize that that was impossible, and you were forced to let him in. He had kept you up almost all night with his incessant rambling, until he finally fell asleep at 5 a.m., arms strangling you to death and a peaceful look on his face. You had really wanted to hit him.

Anyway, because of your idiot of a best friend, you were now stumbling through the school, looking like a zombie, seething in sleep deprivation and hate for the glowing ball of excitement next to you.

One day, you were going to kill him. Him and his stupid disregard for your precious sleep schedule.

You dragged yourself into homeroom, having tuned out Jimin's chatter a long time ago, and slumped onto your desk.

"Wow." Yoongi's deep voice echoed in your ear. "You look like shit."

Keeping your head on the desk, you lifted a hand up and finger-gunned him. "Right back at ya, big guy."

You then looked up to realize that you were right. He had the darkest eye circles you had ever seen in your life, apart from your own.

"Woah, dude, what happened to you?"

He grimaced. "Practicing for the next recital..."

You nodded your head sympathetically, before reaching over to ruffle his hair. "Get some sleep, okay? It'll help you focus and play better."

This was not the first time this had happened. Yoongi tended to work himself to bits right before a recital, convinced that the longer he stayed up to work on a song, the more perfect it would sound. You knew it wasn't healthy, and the last time this happened, you had stuck NyQuil into his dinner just to force him to sleep, then kept watch on him the whole night to make sure he stayed asleep.

He nodded noncommittally to your comment and you narrowed your eyes. "Don't make me get out the NyQuil again, Min Yoongi."

His eyes widened in slight fear. "But-"

"I'll do it, and you know I will." You threatened.

He sighed and nodded. "Fine. I'll sleep."

Your eyes softened. "On another note though, if you ever need anything while you're practicing or at the recital, just call me, okay?"

He smiled softly back at you, and nodded. "Of course, Y/n."

He then looked at you curiously. "So, why are you looking like some threw you into the garbage on Friday afternoon and didn't fish you out again until this morning?"

You rolled your eyes. "Jimin has decided he needs to find this dream girl he's been obsessed with.

Yoongi raised an eyebrow and you elaborated. "Like, a literal dream girl. He dreams about her. Apparently every night."

He nodded slowly, looking as weirded out as you had been, and still were to be honest. At least someone was sane around here.

"And we're now about to embark upon the task of asking every single girl in the school out on a date to try and find her. He doesn't even freaking know what she looks like. I swear, this girl better exist and she better be in this school because if I have to start finding girls from other schools, I will commit a murder."

"You do realize how pointless this thing is if you're not even sure she exists, right?" Yoongi commented.

"You think I don't think about that every single day? But I at least have to help him or you and I both know he's going to do something stupid. I just...don't want him to be disappointed if she doesn't exist..." you trailed off.

Yoongi nodded sympathetically. "He would be devastated."

"Thanks for helping," you commented dryly.

He laughed and you continued. "Anyways, he's been so freaking buzzed about it that he talks all freaking night and won't shut up and let me sleep."

"Man, you should have seen him during his hormonal curve back in middle school. That was the worst. He really wouldn't shut up then."

You spluttered, choking on the water you had mistakenly tried to drink.

"His what."

Yoongi nodded happily. "He said he couldn't talk to you about that kind of stuff, so he used me as a substitute, and man, I feel bad for you if that's what he's like all the time."

"Zero sleep and 24/7 chatter?" You questioned.

"Yep."

You nodded, looking off, then snapped into attention again.

"Wait...what the heck did he talk about to you that he couldn't say to me? I have a brother, I know about these things!"

Yoongi wouldn't make eye contact with you and sheepishly scratched the back of his neck. "Um, well, nothing special, the usual stuff you know...girls and stuff..."

You narrowed your eyes. That didn't sound right, and Yoongi had always been the worst liar. "First of all, Jimin has never had a problem talking to me about girls, and secon-"

You were cut off by a loud shriek and a sudden pain as you were attacked by something large and warm, your back hitting the edge of your desk. "Y/n!" Taehyung shouted. "I haven't seen you in forever!"

"I literally saw you on Friday get off of me." You attempted to push him off you but he stayed latched on.

"No."

"Get off."

"No."

"Tae-"

"Just a few more seconds..."

You sighed and let him hug you, glaring at an amused and relieved-looking Yoongi over his back.

"This isn't over." You mouthed menacingly, and his smile dropped.

He looked scared.

You smirked to yourself.

Good.

——————————————————————————————————————————-

Jimin walked back into the classroom, which he'd left earlier to quickly use the restroom. He hadn't had the chance earlier, since he'd been too busy talking to you, but upon leaving you with Yoongi, he had seen the chance to pee and taken it.

He came in to see her and Taehyung gripping onto each other as if their lives depended on it, and a smirking Yoongi looking on the scene.

He felt a small pang in his chest.

What the-. He thought.

"What did I eat to give me heartburn this early in the morning?"