Chapter 12

The bell had now rung, and you were all safely in your classes.

You breathed a sigh of relief. There was now a whole hour before you had to deal with a confrontation by Jimin.

You let your tense muscles relax, and turned to start listening to the lesson.

This is so nice. You thought to yourself, revelling in the peace and quiet, the droning voice of the teacher actually being almost nice for once.

Just then, the door slammed open, causing everyone's heads to whip around and look for what had caused the noise.

You had been busy writing down what was written on the board, but the gasps echoing around the room quickly grabbed your attention, and you turned to look at what caused the commotion as well.

The sight of a winded Jimin, chest heaving, had you almost rolling your eyes. Of course karma would do this to me.

But then you got a closer look at his eyes. They were frantic, scared, and you felt fear clutch your own heart.

Had something happened to him? In the ten minutes you had been separated?

"Y/n..." he gasped out, reaching towards you, and you were running before he even finished saying your name.

Right before you reached him, though, he collapsed.

A horrid sense of deja vu washed through you. You had seen this scene before.

Are they happening again?

———————

30 minutes later...

Jimin blinked groggily as he slowly began to wake up.

It took a moment to gain his bearings. He looked around, still blinking hard and rubbing his eyes.

Where am I? He thought, though by the looks of it, it seemed he was in the nurse's office.

He heard voices somewhere near his head, and looked up to see you standing at the other end of the office with the nurse.

"Panic attack..." Were the only words he could make out from the nurse.

He watched almost in a haze as he focused in on your sweet face, twisted in worry. He furrowed his eyebrows slightly. Why is Y/n so upset?

Jimin didn't like it when you were upset.

He moved to get up, and the movement caught the attention of both you and the nurse.

He swore his heart almost stopped as you faced him completely. She's so beautiful...

"...-min? Jimin?" your voice rung with concern.

He felt your cool hands rest on his cheeks and closed his eyes contentedly. So soft...

His eyes snapped open as the situation suddenly registered in his mind.

He sat up quickly, causing his vision to black out, and he let you lay him back down gently.

He looked at you now, awake and aware. He looked at your expression and knew immediately what had happened. "Did I...?"

You nodded, looking at him grimly. "What happened Jimin? I thought you stopped having them? Why did you suddenly...?"

Jimin sat thinking hard for a moment, trying to remember the events leading up to this, and when he did, he knew immediately he couldn't tell you why.

The last time he'd had a panic attack was all the way back in 8th grade, and it had happened for a similar reason.

He was afraid of losing you.

Back then, they were multiple things that would lead to panic for him, anxiety about grades, family, etc.

But then, the two of you had gotten into an argument over something, and he remembered feeling like it was the end of the world as you walked out of the room that day.

When he finally came to his senses, you were hovering over him, panicking.

He'd been stupid enough to tell you the reason, back then, and you had stubbornly stuck to his side the rest of the year.

That normally would have made him ecstatic, but he didn't like the feeling that you were only doing it because he had issues. Because he couldn't control his own emotions.

So no, he definitely didn't want a repeat of that, especially now...

"I...realized we had a huge test in Calc that I didn't study for..." he said lamely.

You stared at him.

He could tell from your face that you didn't believe him, and you opened your mouth to protest, but the nurse spoke before you could.

"Oh don't worry sweetie, it happens all the time nowadays. You poor things just get so much pressure put on you. I recommend just remembering to breathe. These things won't affect you in the long run, and, scheduling your time carefully will help you feel and be more prepared."

Jimin nodded, eyes darting nervously towards you as you were still staring at him suspiciously.

The nurse turned towards you. "You can go back to class now, sweetie, Jimin can stay here for the rest of the day, since there's only about half an hour left."

You opened your mouth to protest, but the nurse cut you off once again. "Ah ah ah, young lady, I still work for the school, and right now, you need to be in class."

You reluctantly started to walk out, before running back to throw your arms around Jimin.

He was surprised, but revelled in the smell and feel of your soft hair around his face.

However, he felt fear shoot through his veins as you pulled back to rest your forehead on his.

"Don't think I don't expect the full story as soon as we get out of here." You whispered, before smiling sweetly at both him and the nurse and prancing out of the room.

Jimin closed his eyes and groaned, leaning back.

You were always so oblivious, why did you choose now of all times to be perceptive?