T W O

Grace's POV

"Hey, can we talk?" He asked as he got up to me.

"Hey, Ethan right?" I asked acting like I didn't know his name.

"Yeah, and you are?" He asked still in his lifeguard uniform.

"Grace Foster." I stuck out my hand to shake.

"Ethan Dolan." He smiled shaking my hand.

"Anyways I gotta make this quick because I'm on my five-minute break but can I have your number?" He asked making his face turn red.

"Of course." I smiled grabbing his phone from his hand.

I typed in my number and put my contact name as "Grace😊". I laughed as I handed him his phone. He laughed when he saw the contact name.

"Well, Grace it was nice to meet you." He smiled. Oh my goodness, his smile is adorable.

"It was nice to meet you too Ethan." I smiled back.

"Alright, I gotta get back to slide, peace." He said before starting to walk away.

"Bye." I smiled and waved. The moment Ethan walked away Jordan started squealing.

"Oh my goodness. The hot lifeguard just asked for your number." She laughed as we walked to her beautiful Chrysler 300.

" She laughed as we walked to her beautiful Chrysler 300

"Yes, he did." I blushed and got in.

"Girl you are so lucky." Jordan smiled as she pulled out of the parking lot.

"Thank you." I laughed as she started to drive.

We started driving towards my house while singing a bunch of songs.

"You got a bad reputation in my neighborhood. You drive me mad with temptation because it tastes so good." We sang along to Why Don't We (A/N go read my Jack Avery book😉).

"So give me all of you in exchange for me." We sang along to Bryson Tiller.

"Hey, can I stay at your place tonight? I don't want to be around my dad." I said as Jordan drove us home.

"Sure we can drop by your place and pick up your stuff on our way to my place." She said keeping her eyes on the road.

We drove until we pulled up to the house that I once loved but now hate. I rolled my eyes at the sight of an unfamiliar car in the driveway. I groaned as I got out of the car. I walked up to the front door and it was unlocked. I walked in to see my dad sitting on the couch with a woman I've never seen before.

"Dad, random woman I've never met before." I nodded towards them.

"Grace, I would like you to meet someone. This is Jane. Jane this is my daughter Grace." He said introducing us.

"So what happened to Lisa?" I said smirking at my dad.

"Who is Lisa?" Jane asked obviously confused.

"Oh, you know just his main chick. You're the side chick sweetheart." I said walking to my room.

"Cooper Grace Foster get down here right now." My dad yelled as I ran up the stairs.

"Make me man whore." I yelled from the top of the stairs.

I sighed as I walked into my room and grabbed my duffle bag. I threw in an outfit for tonight and a cute outfit for tomorrow. I grabbed my toiletries and chargers before walking downstairs. As I walked down Jane and my dad were yelling at each other. I laughed as I walked out. They didn't notice I walked out. I laughed as I got in Jordan's car.

"What did you do?" She asked as we pulled out of my driveway.

"I called out my dad in front of his new toy." I laughed making her laugh.

"You're terrible." She laughed.

"I know." I smiled.

We drove to Jordan's apartment singing every song that came on the radio. I laughed as Jordan danced along to Post Malone. After a couple of songs, we finally arrived at Jordan's apartment complex. I grabbed my bags and followed Jordan up to her apartment. When we got in I walked to the guest bedroom and laid my stuff down on the bed. After I pulled my pajamas out of my bag I walked into the bathroom and started a hot shower. I slipped my clothes off and got in. During my shower, I just thought about my dad and his decisions. I love him don't get me wrong but I highly disagree with his decisions. I just want things to go back to the way they were when my mom was alive. I was free to laugh, I enjoyed spending time with my family, and I had a great relationship with my dad. Now Jordan is the only person that can make me laugh. I keep going back to this feeling of drowning. I feel as if my family life is an anchor tied to my ankle that is pulling me to the bottom. I feel that there is no escape or way to cut that anchor off. It scares me that the anchor that is my family life is slowly leading me to drown. I didn't even realize I was crying until I wiped a tear off my cheek. I jumped as someone knocked on the door.

"Hey, are you ok?" Jordan spoke through the door.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'll be out in a second." I said wiping my cheeks off.

I got out of the shower and slipped this on before walking out to the living room.

"Hey girl, do you want to watch a movie?" Jordan asked grabbing the tv remote.

"Sure." I smiled and sat down beside her.

We finally settled on The Kissing Booth. Around the middle of the movie my phone vibrated.

Unknown: Hey it's Ethan

Grace😊: Hey, how are you?

Ethan😁: good now that I'm texting you. You?

Grace😊: pretty good thx

Ethan😁: so I was wondering if you would like to hang out tomorrow. I have the day off.

Grace😊: sure! what time?

Ethan😁: how about noon? I'll pick you up

Grace😊: sounds good. Pick me up at 187 Clearwater Drive, apartment 206 (Fake address)

Ethan😁: awesome. I'll see you tomorrow

Grace😊: I'm excited. See you tomorrow, good night

Ethan😁: good night

I smiled as I texted Ethan, and I think Jordan noticed.

"So who are you texting?" She asked drawing out the O in "So"

"Ethan," I blushed at the thought of him

"Really! What did he say?" She asked smiling.

I handed her my phone and let her read the texts. She squealed when she finished reading it. I laughed at her getting excited for me. After she settled down we finished the movie and I made my way to the guest bedroom. I took my sweater off and brushed my teeth before laying down. I feel asleep thinking about Ethan and our date tomorrow.