II

Lydia's POV

"Lydia wake up!" that voice. That annoying voice. 

"What Elena?!" I snapped as my eyes flew open while I sat up. I sent a death glare to the brunette sitting next to me before looking at my surroundings. The wallpaper was slowly peeling itself down and dust was settled on everything in the room. If it weren't for these little 'errors' it could have been a beautiful mansion but it, well wasn't. God, how old even was this shit? And to be honest the couch we were placed on wasn't exactly 'new' either. 

"Oh my god, Lydia where are we?" Elena asked. 

"What the fuck? Do I really look like I know?" I asked annoyed as I dragged a hand down my face. 

"My god, you look just like her." now that voice I haven't heard in a very long time. 

"But I'm not. I'm not Katherine-" 

"Be quiet." Rose snapped at Elena. 

"I'm not like Katherine, you have to believe me. My name is Elena Gilbert. You don't have to do this." Elena said as she walked up to Rose. Honestly does this girl even have a brain?

"I know who you are and I said be quiet." I could tell Rose was getting angry with Elena's disability to listen to what people tell her to do. 

"What do you want?" That seemed to do it because the next thing I see is Elena flying backwards and landing on the couch, unconscious. Since Rose was a vampire getting slapped by her pretty much equaled getting hit by a car. 

"Nice shot, Rosemarie." I say as I lift myself up from the couch and walk up to her. 

"Lydia. It's been a long time." Rose said, trying to sound as confident as possible. 

"Indeed it has. Now, would you be so kind and explain why have I been taken as well?" I wasn't pissed, just simply curious... for now. It seemed that Rose picked up on that as her posture visibly relaxed at the lack of anger in my voice. 

"We're done running Lydia. And I'm deeply sorry for using you like this but if he gets not just the latest human doppelgänger but also the famous hybrid, he will have to forgive us for our mistake." I have never seen her so tired and desperate. 

"I understand Rose, you are still my friend and you know I'm always willing to help the people I was once close with. Yet I can't help but ask, who is this 'he' you're talking about?" I asked, to be honest I really wanted to know. 

"His name is Elijah, he's old bu-"

"I know who Elijah is Rosemarie, I know more about him than you could ever want to know." I cut her off with a sigh. Elijah. A thousand years later and I'm finally about to meet my best friend's brother, this should be fun. 

______________________________________________________

For the past ten minutes I've been waiting for Elena to wake up, to no good. 

"Elena wake up already." I groaned as I shook her and to my surprise she blinked before pressing a palm to her red cheek.