XI

Lydia's POV

I'm in the warehouse recovering from the sudden memory I had in the bar while Stefan and Rebekah are in the other room talking about god knows what. I hear the sound of an engine running from outside and know that it's Klaus coming back and probably angry but I don't really care at the moment.

The door slam open and a furious Klaus walks in stopping in the middle of the room and looks at me. Rolling my eyes, making sure he doesn't see it, I look up at him and raise a brow.

"What is it? Something wrong Nik?" I ask and his eyes narrow slightly.

"Gloria's gone! She cleared out. We need to find a new witch immediately!" Klaus yells while pushing open the door to the room where Bekah and Stef are. Standing up from my chair I walk up behind him to see Stefan with a worried expression while Rebekah has a cautious and confused look on her face. 

"What's going on?" Nik demands. Oh Stefanie what did you do now?

"Something's wrong, he was asking about Mikael." idiot. Seriously, idiot. "He's not with us Nik, I can sense it." Rebekah says. Way to ruin your chances Stef.

"She's wrong. Klaus..." Stefan tries to argue but can't continue because Nik is in front of him in an instant breaking his neck. 

"What the fuck?!" I exclaim speeding over and stroke Stefan's hair lightly. There's only one thing I hate more than someone lying to me and that's when someone hurts the Salvatore brothers since they're pretty much my family.

"Tell me love are you with me?" Nik's question throws me off a little but I also know that there's no point in lying. Looking up at him with a glare I speak.

"I'm not with you or against you Niklaus, you knew that well enough when you decided to take me with you." I all but growl at him. Klaus' face confronts in even more anger.

"Nik don't..." Rebekah's voice rings out trying to calm her brother but a sickening crack sounds through the air and everything goes black for me. Hello darkness my old friend...

__________________________________

I looked at the man standing in front of me and for the first time in my life I felt fear course through me. 

"W-what do you want?" my voice was shaky and strained as I pushed myself up from the ground. Mikael took a step forward making me flinch with my back against the rough bark of the tree behind me.

"Your help girl, that's all I want." his voice was deep and almost soft but the look in his eyes made me want to jump into the pacific ocean. 

"With what? And why should I even help you? You killed my friend!" I screeched at him angrily before smoothing out the skirt of my blood red dress. My hands froze in place when big rough hands grip my bare arms forcefully but gently at the same time.

"And for that I am sorry but it was the easiest way to get alone. As for what I want you to help me with, I need your help to find my children." his words made my eyes widen, of course he would still be trying to kill his children.

"I don't want to help you with anything." I scoffed pushing his hands of me and crossed my arms over my chest looking at him angrily.

"But you will, because if you won't I'll make you wish you died that night." Mikael said making a humorless laugh escape me.

"You think I don't? You're wrong." I hissed and to my surprise his eyes softened. 

"And yet you are strong Lydia. When it comes to killing my children I know I will never be able to kill you. Because in my eyes you will always be the girl I love as a daughter. Your strength, determination and loyalty to Rebekah reminds me so much of my oldest daughter Freya. And because of that I want your help." when speaking Mikael looked so vulnerable it broke my heart, the only thing capable of softening his heart was always Freya. 

"I-i can't do that to Rebekah Mikael, please understand." I pleaded with him, hope dripping from my words. 

"Very well. We will meet again Lydia." he said before placing a lingering kiss on my forehead and looking in my eyes. "Goodbye for now." and with that he was gone leaving behind only a gust of wind and my ever so confused emotions. 

_____________________________________

I bolt up with small scream only to be pulled into a warm familiar embrace. With my arms locked behind Stefan's neck I look over his shoulder to see that we're in some kind of truck. Coffins containing the rest of the original family close by. Uhm, what the hell?

"Just let me explain, ok?" Stefan says and I twist in his arms to see Klaus sitting on a coffin.

"No need, I'm not mad. I'm just curious." when his eyes flicker to me a hint of regret appears but disappears just as quickly replaced by a malicious grin aimed at Stefan. "Rebekah seems to think that you're both holding onto something. A piece of your old life. The thing is, she's got flawless instinct, borderline supernatural. So I thought I would check out for myself what you two have been hiding." Nik says before pushing himself up and walking to the opening of the truck. 

"Huh?" I murmur looking at Stefan before getting up and following Klaus. He opens the hatch making light pour into the not so big space and I cover my eyes with my hand. Once I lower my hand I can't do anything else but curse Klaus to the depths of hell when I see where we are. 

"Welcome back to Mystic Falls." Nik says with a grin. I look at him disgusted and scoff loudly. Not only did he break my neck but I can already feel the all too familiar feeling of death clawing over me. Someone is going to die and it doesn't take a genius to know who's fault it will be. But that's what makes me feel like killing myself, it's the fact that the feeling is so strong that it's definitely not going to be just one person who's going to die.

- to be continued -

_____________________________________

Hey guys! Another chapter for you! I decided that I'm going shorten the chapters from now on because it takes more time to update when the chapters are longer. Before they were always around 3 000 words but now they'll only be around 1 000 or more, and since the chapters will be shorter I should be updating more often. Don't forget to vote and comment!

Peace out! 💗