XVI

_______________________________________________________________

"Well... I'm sure Elena told you about Klaus right?" I ask situating on the couch in a way that I'm sitting with my legs crossed and looking at Damon. Just as I realized what a stupid question I asked I slapped a palm against my forehead. "Wait, don't even answer that. Of course, she did." I huff, it's obvious she came to cry on the shoulder of the only Salvatore available. 

"Indeed she did, go on," Damon says with a chuckle as he copies the way I sit so he's now looking right back at me. I fiddle with my thumbs nervously and look up at him through my lashes because come on, what better way to make sure he's not gonna get mad at me or something? 

"First of all," I hold up my hand before pointing a finger at him with my eyes narrowed playfully. Damon raises an eyebrow at me as if to say 'get on with it then.' "I'm confiding in you because I trust you and need some emotional support right now okay? That means-" I start counting on my fingers doing my best not to slap the amused smirk off Damon's face. "-no smartass comments, no judging - but let's be honest, you of all people don't really have the right to judge, anyone - and most importantly no mocking, understood?" I ask with a smile on my face. 

"No offense Lyds, but it's starting to sound like you're going to confess to doing something highly illegal." Damon jokes with a chuckle and I slap his shoulder with a playful glare. "Okay okay, I understand," he exclaims to stop me from repeatedly hitting his shoulder. 

"Good," I say clasping my hands together and leaning my chin on top of them. For a moment I just stare at the red material of the couch we're sitting on trying to make up my mind as to whether or not I should actually tell him. In the end, Damon is probably the only one I can trust with my 'boys issues' at the very moment since Rebekah and Stefan are probably trying to conceive a child not caring about the fact that vampires can't even procreate, Elena is not an option because ever since I gave some time to think about things I can't stand her. 

Of course the one these 'boy issues' concern the most decided to be a dick and leave Mystic Falls all together so that's a 'no' too. Hence why I'm sitting here with Damon Salvatore, the famous blood-sucking playboy, about to pour my heart and problems out to him. I lift my head and look at the blue-eyed Salvatore before I start talking. 

"So you know about Klaus, a great start. What you should probably know is that Klaus is the brother of my best friend Rebekah, you know the one I've spent so long looking for?" I look at Damon for confirmation and continue once he nods with a curious expression on his face. While I was talking he leaned the side of his head against his palm. "I've known Rebekah since when I was still human, she always wanted me to meet her family but we never got to that for obvious reasons. Anyway, while I was away looking for werewolves with Klaus and Stefan I kind of maybe, a little... oh what the hell? I slept with Klaus!" to the end of my sentence I'm too frustrated to care about how I blurt out the information.