XIII

"He killed him." Matt says as I sit with Tyler's head in my lap running my fingers through his hair. Caroline and Matt are sitting next to me and Matt is obviously shocked by the turn of events. 

"He's not dead. Klaus' blood will turn him into a vampire." Elena says frustration clear in her voice as she paces back and forth. 

"And if Bonnie is successful he'll live through his transition." the sound of Klaus' voice makes me flinch. When he realized that I'm not going to talk to him anytime soon he went back to being a cold-hearted dick. "Go on then. Fetch your grimoires and enchantments and what-not. I'll hold onto Elena... for safe keeping." Klaus ads and I glare heatedly at the ground. Bonnie pauses before looking at Elena who nods her head. I turn my head to face Matt and squeeze his arm.

"Go with her Matty, you shouldn't be here." I tell him softly, my voice still raspy from screaming. He nods and stands up before hurrying out of the gym with Bonnie. 

"So this is the latest doppelgänger. The original one was much prettier." Rebekah says from behind Elena making her jump. I roll my eyes and avert my gaze back to Tyler's lifeless form. As much as I love Rebekah, Klaus' actions make me feel like she betrayed me by not stepping in. 

"Enough of you two. Rebekah take the wolf boy elsewhere, would you?" Klaus says and I growl under my breath standing up. When Rebekah goes to grab Tyler by his arm I slap her hand away. From the corner of my eye I see her looking at me shocked but I don't pay any attention to it, I grab Tyler's arm myself and start pulling him out of the gym. As much as I don't want to drag him like this I'm very short and he's very.... well muscular and it would be hard to manoeuvre  his body any other way.  

"Lydia. I said that Rebekah should take him elsewhere not you. You're going to stay here love." Klaus says standing in front me in a matter of seconds. I look up at him blankly before carefully setting Tyler's arm back down. Using my speed I push Klaus against a wall and squeeze his throat roughly making him gasp for air, more from the shock than anything. He may be the hybrid which makes him stronger than me but I'm angry. And when I'm angry I'm a lot stronger than others.

"Do not tell me what to do Niklaus Mikaelson, ever again. You may be the big bad hybrid but these are my friends' lives you chose to threaten and I don't react kindly to that. Now, I'm going to take Tyler somewhere else and you're not going to try to stop me, do you understand?" I seethe with my face vamped out and eyes flaming with rage. I don't wait for an answer as I let go of him and grab Tyler before proceeding to drag him to the Chemistry class, Rebekah following close behind leaving a stunned Klaus in our wake. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entering the Chemistry class I walk to a wall still dragging Tyler with me and slide to the floor with my back against said wall. Once I'm sitting as comfortably as I can get on the cold floor I carefully move Tyler's still unconscious body so his head is resting in my lap. I gently move away the few short strands of his dark hair from his face. It's a bit scary how motionless he is, and even scarier is the fact that if Bonnie doesn't find a way for Klaus to be able to create more hybrids he'll die. 

"You know, it seems like you care for the wolf boy an awful lot." Rebekah says and my hand stops mid-motion my fingertips just lightly grazing over the tan skin of Tyler's forehead. 

"We... used to date but it didn't work out." I admit with a sigh. Lifting my head to look at my best friend, I see her watching me with a small smirk. "What?" I ask raising my brows quizzically. 

"Oh nothing... I just imagined the look on my dear brother's face if he found out. Can you imagine that? He'd be so pissed, maybe he would kill the mutt straight away." Rebekah exclaims with  a laugh. Her words make my face fall into a frown.

"Why the hell would he care? After the stunt he's pulling here today he can be glad if I even look his way without sending a stake off to meet his heart." I say and scoff at the thought of Klaus even having the nerve to be jealous. I'd like to see him try to do something.

"He cares for you Lyds. He's just never been good at showing these kinds of feelings... to anyone as you know. Look at me, rotting away in a bloody coffin for little over 50 years." my gaze softens, the hint of hurt in her words making me feel quilty for throwing such a tantrum. I open my mouth to reply but get cut off by the door being hesitantly pushed open. Both of our heads snap to the mop of blonde hair poking in to reveal a worried Caroline.

"Here you are!" she exclaims triumpthantly and stalks in, her heels clicking as they hit the floor while she walks past Rebekah purposely ignoring her. Not that I can blame her. "How's he doing?" she asks once sat on the floor next to me.

"Almost deadly fantastic Care." I deadpan looking at her blankly. "How do you think?" I ask  her sarcasm dripping from every word. Seeing how taken aback Caroline is by my snapping I sigh and run a hand through my hair. "Sorry. I'm just nervous." 

"It's fine." Caroline waves her hand dismissively, her face having fallen back into it's normal slightly cheerful expression. "I completely understand. You two are so cute together that I ship you more than Stefan and Elena." she almost squeals and I gape at her for a good minute like a fish without water because of both her quick jump from one subject to another and the fact that she just hinted that me and Tyler are still a couple.

"Uhm Caroline, sorry to burst your little bubble but me and Tyler-" I motion in said boy's direction with my hand. "-aren't together, you know that." I say and now it's her turn to gape.

"Bu-but Tyler talks about all the time! He hasn't shut up since you left the town." she exclaims making me wince a bit at the volume of her voice. Looking down at the boy once more I stroke his cheek with my knuckles gently.

"I didn't know..." my words are nothing more than a whisper but since I'm in a room with two vampires, one of them an Original, it doesn't really matter. Caroline takes out her phone and turns it on but before she can do anything else it's ripped out of her grasp by Rebekah.

"Sorry." she says with a fake pout. "Can't let you call anyone." a loud scoff comes from Caroline's mouth at those words.

"I wasn't going to call anyone you bitch, I was just looking at the time. Jesus..." Rebekah goes to reply with something snarky but instead looks at Caroline's phone. 

"What is this?!" she shouts shoving the phone into Caroline's face. That's when I see what she's talking about unlike Caroline who just looks at her confused. And in that one moment I know that Stefan is truly screwed. Because the thing that has Rebekah steaming with anger right now, is her own necklace... hanging around Elena's neck in the photo Caroline has as lockscreen.

- to be continued -

__________________________________________________________

So, after a very long time I have finally updated! I'm sorry it took so long but I'll try my best to post the next chapter sooner. I sincerely hope you'll enjoy!