VIII

Lydia's POV

"Rebekah?" 

"Lydia?" 

I blink away my tears before speeding over to Rebekah and tackling her in a bear hug. I feel her her arms wrap around me hugging back as we stand in the middle of the room, both completely ignoring Klaus' existence. 

"I thought you were dead!" Rebekah exclaims once we pull away from the hug.

"Yeah I thought that about you too." I say wiping away the one tear that managed to fall. 

"But how are you here?" she asks with curious eyes. "Are a vampire like me?" she adds. 

"Well yeah- no... not exactly?" I say the last part in a question since I'm not really sure how to explain it to her. 

"What do you mean not exactly? How-"

"I'll explain everything later. Now from what your brother, who is just by the way a total idiot, said there is someone you'll want to see." I cut my best friend off making her frown a little. 

"I heard that love." Klaus comments from behind me.

"Yeah, that was kind off the point." I say sending him a fake smile before calling out. "Would you stop hiding in the shadow like the stalkerish creep Edward from twilight and come out to meet my best friend!" 

"You're not funny." Stefan grumbles as he steps into the light making Bekah's eyes go wide.

"Fuck you bambi murderer, I'm hilarious and you're just jealous." I snap before stepping aside to give the two a bit space, well as much as I can when I get pulled into Klaus' side by his arm. 

"Stefan?" Rebekah's voice has a happy edge to it which makes me glare up at the hybrid holding me close to him because Stefan's looking at her in confusion. 

"Would you be so kind?" I snap at him still glaring. Klaus sighs in defeat before walking to Stefan and looking deep into his eyes compelling him.

"Now you remember." Stefan's eyes flutter closed for a moment before he opens them and shock spreads over his features when he looks at Rebekah.

"Rebekah?" he asks a small smile coming to his lips. Awww, I ship it!

"Stefan..." Klaus who has meanwhile made his way back next to me, much to my annoyance and happiness, calls out but trails off at the end. Stefan turns to him and looks shocked once. 

"I remember you. We were friends." he says his mouth practically hanging open. 

"We are friends." Klaus states  with a smile, a real smile. If Klaus was always like this I can quite easily imagine myself forgiving him. Then he turns to Rebekah who is looking at Stefan like he's a statue of a Greek god made of marble which makes me roll my eyes mentally, it's been what? 3 minutes and I already got pushed aside for someone with a mop of hero hair on his head. "And now the reason you're here." Klaus starts which makes me scoff, and the rude idiotic hybrid is back. "Gloria tells me you know how to contact the original witch." 

"The original witch?" Bekah scoffs. 

"What do you have that Gloria needs?" Klaus voice is now demanding which makes me clench my fists. Rebekah touches her neck with a small smile which fades very quickly when she seems to not find what she wanted. Her expression turns into confused but also pissed.