XV

____________________________________________________________________

My eyes snap open as the sound of someone banging on my door carries itself through the air of the house all the way to my ears. Rolling over I squint at the red numbers on my alarm clock and see that it's only 5:30. With an annoyed groan I push myself up into a sitting position before swining my legs over the edge of my bed and stand up. Pulling on a fluffy bathrobe I open my bedroom door and make my way down the stairs and to the front door. Once I open the door I come face to face with Stefan and raise an eyebrow at him while leaning against the door frame.

"I hope you have a good reason for waking me up because trust me darling, I am not a morning person." I tell him with a tired smirk. Stefan chuckles quietly and runs a hand through his unusually messy hair.

"Good morning to you too Lydia. I have actually two good reasons which I'll be happy to share-" he pauses to look at me with wide puppy-like eyes. "if you let me in." I laugh and run a hand through my hair to get it out of my face and make it look at least a little more civilized. Pushing myself back from the door frame I step aside and spread out an arm.

"Well then come on in Stef. I can't wait to hear your reasoning for being brave enough to wake me at such an ungodly hour." I say and close the door behind Stefan. As he shrugs of his jacket I walk around him and head to the kitchen. I know that he'll follow me since this isn't the first time he's here. 

"I'm sorry for waking you but I wouldn't have bothered you if it wasn't important." Stefan says as he sits on a stool while I pour myself a glass of water. I sip on the water then set it down and lean on the counter with my elbows. 

"I know, I'm just teasing you. Now before we start the gossip... can I get you anything? Coffee? Tea? Bambi extract?" I ask wiggling my eyebrows and a grin spreads across my face as Stefan rolls his eyes.

"Ha ha. You're so funny." Stefan's voice practically drips with sarcasm. "Coffee is just fine."  

"Coffee it is then!" I exclaim and hop off the stool to go and  make it. 

____

I place a cup with Stefan's coffee in front of him and sit back next to him. Crossing my legs I rest my chin in the palm of my hand and look at him seriously.

"Now, you want to tell me what happened dear?" I ask and after taking a sip of his coffee Stefan answers. 

"After all the ruckus yesterday I obviously went home and let's just say-" having abandoned his coffee he drags a palm down his face with a sigh. "-neither Damon or Elena seem to be fond of being in my presence. While Elena simply ignores me Damon went all pissed-off-older-brother mode on me. Not a pleasing experience at all trust me."