IX

Lydia's POV

Lydia's POV

I push the double door of the store where Rebekah is still picking out clothes and Klaus is drinking what's left of his champagne open before skipping to them excitedly. I grin down at Klaus when I come to a stop in front of him making the original hybrid look up at me confused.

"Yes love?"

"Nik you know how we're trying to find out why your hybrids are dying with Gloria's help and this shit?" I start still grinning and once I receive a nod from Klaus I continue. "Let's take a little break! Have some fun today and go back to Gloria tomorrow, we could go on a double date... if you want to of course." I send him a little wink at the end. Klaus thinks for a moment before a smile comes to his face.

"Only if you forgive me." my grin drops and I raise a disbelieving brow at him. Is he kidding me? But at the sight of the puppy eyed face he makes I roll my eyes with a sigh and nod.

"Okay I forgive you. Now come on!" I take his arm and pull him before dragging him to the exit but come to an abrupt stop. "Oh Rebekah." I deadpan and let go of Klaus' arm who's laughing quietly so I can go and fetch the blonde vampire. I make my way to the changing room she's occupying and raise my voice. "Bekah! Hurry up, it's time to show you how the world has changed." 

"But Lydia, I don't know what to wear." I hear her whine from behind the curtain. 

"Okay you wait in there I'll take care of it." I look through the store until I find a purple dress that I know will look great on Rebekah, I pick silver belt heels to go with it and a matching heart necklace which is a combination of both silver and purple. Going back to Rebekah I hand her the outfit and wait outside for her to finish. The curtain is pulled aside by Rebekah's hand as she walks out in the outfit I picked her and fucking hell I'm good at this. The color of the dress makes her blue eyes stand out but not too much, her medium blonde hair is resting on her shoulders and a proud smile comes to my face.

"So what exactly do you have planned?" she asks sounding excited. I link our arms and we start walking to the exit where I left Klaus. 

"Well I think we should go get some ice cream and go on a double date." I say linking my free arm with Klaus' as we walk out of the store and make our way to Stefan who's waiting on the other side of the street. 

"What's a double date?" Rebekah asks and I look at her gaping a little. This will be harder than I expected. 

"It's when two couples, or just two pairs of people who like each other, go out together. Like for a dinner or just to have some fun. You're going with Stefan and I'm going with... well Nik." I mumble the last part with blush dusting my cheeks. I see Klaus smirk from the corner of my eye and his grip on my arm slightly tightens making my blush get even darker.