VII

Lydia's POV

After the kiss me and Klaus shared which was interrupted by Stefan whom I got into a heated argument right after when he accused me of whoring myself to the enemy we went to Chicago. Old memories came rushing back of the fun me and humanity-less Stefan spent together. 

Right now we're walking into an old bar which was here already in the 20s. 

"Looks familiar doesn't it?" Klaus asks Stefan making me confused, did he know Stefan back then? And if so, why didn't Stefan mention anything? 

"I can't believe this place is still here." Stefan says as he looks around the bar in awe and wonder. 

"You've gotta be kidding me." a surprised voice interrupts our admiring. We all turn around and I feel a smile slip on my face when I recognize the older woman with a pixie dust haircut. Her striking white hair clashes against her mocha colored skin. 

"So, a hybrid walks into a bar says to the bartender-" Klaus stupid joke is cut off by Gloria's annoyed voice. 

"Stop. You may be invincible but that doesn't make you funny." Gloria's little comment makes me let out a light chuckle which results in her turning to face me. "Lydia!"

"Ah Gloria, my old friend. Looking good as always, in a way only you can." I say sending her a wink. She turns to look at the third and last musketeer aka Stefan.

"I remember you." she says pointing a finger at him.

"Gloria. Shouldn't you be... " 

"Old and dead?" Gloria finishes the sentence Stefan began but trailed off not knowing how to chose his words without insulting the woman before us. "Now if I die who's going to run this place?" she asks raising her brows. 

"Gloria's a very powerful witch." Klaus informs Stefan and gains a nod of approval from me. Since I'm a witch myself I can detect quite easily if a witch is powerful or not. And I could feel the power coming from Gloria the very day I met her back in the twenties. 

"I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry it'll all catch up to me one day." the witch says dismissively. 

"Stefan, Lydia. Why don't you go and get something from the bar." I roll my eyes at Klaus' demanding tone but join Stefan on his way to the bar anyway. I stand next to him and pour myself a shot of tequila, might as well get myself something stronger. Turning to face Stefan I purse my lips in thought, I know he's angry at me for kissing Klaus.

"Stefan." 

"...."

"Stefan come on, don't be a child. Let's talk about this like grown ups." I plead pinching the bridge of my nose. Stefan whips around to face me with a scowl.

"Talk? About what? That you kissed the one who killed Elena and her aunt? There's nothing to talk about." he says going to turn back around but I grab his bicep and pull him back to face me.

"Yes there is. I made a mistake Stefan and I'm sorry for that. I was emotionally wrecked at the moment and gave into the moment. But have you ever tried to understand the man for a moment? He's not that bad when you actually get to know him." I tell him moving my hand down to grip his own.