XIV

________________________________________________________

I desperately try to catch up with Rebekah as she stalks her way to the gym angrily her heels making a loud clicking sound as they come into contact with the floor in the proces. 

"Bekah would you please just calm down?" I exclaim exasperated with everything that's going on around me. This drama is definitely not what I had on today's schedule. 

"Are you bloody joking Lyds?!" Rebekah shouts and whips around to face me. "That little bitch stole not only Stefan and my necklace but also my best friend. How can you ask me to be calm when a girl I didn't even know until today has been ruining my life even before Nik undaggered me." By the time she finishes her sentence her eyes are slightly red and watery. The problem with Rebekah is that when she gets angry all of her emotions run wild therefore when she gets angry to an extent such as this tears flow just as quickly as words. 

"Oh Rebekah..." I sigh before wrapping my arms around the quietly sniffling blonde and pull her into a tight hug. My heart clenches as I register what she said and I rub my hand up and down her back gently to soothe her at least a little. "I always was and always will be your best friend Bekah. No one and nothing can change that." 

"Do you really mean that? Because from what I saw back in the gym you seemed pretty close." She mumbles into my shoulder and I pull away to face her properly. 

"Yes, I do mean it. I didn't spend almost thousand years searching the world for you just to replace you with some fucked up version of Tatia, okay? You were me first friend Rebekah, you were there for me when no one else was. This kind of friendship does not die that easily... besides-" I pause to wipe away the tears staining her creamy cheeks. "-you'll have to try harder than that to get rid of me." 

"You're unbelievable." Rebekah scoffs but I see a genuine smile pull at her lips anyway. What she said kind of opened my eyes, here I've been spending time by trying to befriend someone who was walking around like the fucking queen of the world when in fact she's nothing more than a little girl who relies on everyone else's protection. I couldn't believe myself.