3 Black Magic

*Jongin POV*

The classroom was empty of its students. I neatly slipped worksheets into a folder and tucked it into the safety of my briefcase. I loosened my tie after a long day and began to head out.

"Goodbye Mr.Kim." A female student nodded.
"Goodbye Sir," another said, passing me.
I nodded in acknowledgement, too tired to muster up a proper farewell. My phone vibrated against my thigh. I released a hearty sigh and pull it out to check who was messaging me.

Sender: Do Kyungsoo
To: Kim Jongin
Message: Come down to my basement. I have something to show you.

I responded telling him I'd be right there. That boy was always getting himself into trouble. And now, that we've realised our feelings for each other, it's my job to make sure he doesn't suffer from his, unusual, tendencies to say the least.

I power walked to the car and drove down the very familiar route to Kyunsoo's house. He lived more or less alone, after his parents died and his brother disappeared. Nobody knew what happened to him. His guardian, Kim Minseok, is often away on business trips. So I offered to help out while he was away.

I parked in the small, stony driveway and swiftly got out of the car. I dove into my pockets for the house keys and when I succeeded in finding them, unlocked the large, oak door. As I stepped in, closing it behind me, I glanced around each room, making sure everything was in order. And luckily this time, nothing was floating in mid air.

"Kyungsoo? I'm here!"
"Basement," a small muffled voice called from down below.
I groaned, hating the darkness of that room and the musky smell of old books. Taking my tie off and unbuttoning the first button of my white shirt, I opened the basement door in the kitchen and stepped inside.

"Over here, Jongin!" He shouted, trying to make me speed up.
The steps were steep down and the darkness only added to the danger. "Kyungsoo, I swear if your practicing black magic again I will ground you for three months!"
It made me mad that he didn't respond to that, it was always a definite and resounding 'oops'. Once I made it safely down, I ventured further in, following the dim light Kyungsoo always brought down with him.

"Hey," he smiled with his full lips and sparkling eyes.
I crouched down beside him as he was kneeling. "What's all this?" I asked, motioning towards the strange circle with odd designs inscribed in it.
"It's a magic circle which name escapes me." He shrugged innocently.
I coughed, dust irritating my nose and my lungs. "Have you told Minseok about this?"
He didn't respond, only continued throwing some sort of ash on the circle.
"Kyungsoo, I said I'd let you tell him, but I was under the impression you actually would."
"I will, I will, jeez. I just don't know how. What would he say when he finds out I'm a freak who plays with dark magic? He'd probably leave me, like the others did."
"Your family loved you, Soo, don't ever think otherwise and Minseok took you in because he loves you aswell."

We were silent for a minute, and I just watched him prepare his magic circle. It irritated me. We used to be so close, but the past couple of months have been different. What did I do?
"Kyungsoo?"
"Mmmmm?"
"I'm sorry."
"For what?"
"For pressuring you, discouraging you from this," I paused, "For being your teacher."
He stood up abruptly, yanking me up with him, and shook his head. He pressed our lips into a long passionate kiss and when he pulled away he breathed, "Don't ever apologise for shit like being my teacher, being older, whatever. I wouldn't have met you if you weren't my teacher and you wouldn't be aloud to look after me if you were my age. We are what we are for a reason and I love you all the same!"
A lump formed in the back of my throat, making my mouth horribly dry. "Right," I whispered, it's all I could manage.