22 Blood Lust

*Minseok POV*

I cautiously walked through the purple mist that acted like a smoke screen. I couldn't really see anything, and I was cold to boot.
"Where am I?" I mumbled to myself, not really focusing on my location but more so my feet. I could barely see them beneath me. A chill traveled down my spine, making me close my eyes for some reason beyond me.

"Minseok," a deep, godly voice whispered in my head. Now I knew why.
"Y-yes?"
"If you turn to your right and continue straight, there will be a cave, so enter it."
"What's in there?"
"The weapon of course, but there's a protector, have the Twin Blades ready."
"Fine. Just so you know, once I get that reward I won't do anything else for you!"
"I know, I won't bother you again, but hurry. I smell a pretty pest nearby."

The conversation ended like a phone call when the other end of the line hangs up. He disappeared from my mind, leaving me to follow his vague directions to the cave. I held my hands out in front of me, making sure I wouldn't bump into anything as well as help me sense a change in setting.
"Cave, cave, cave...." I muttered to myself absentmindedly, listening to the crunching of frozen foliage beneath my feet. My blue overcoat wasn't keeping the chill off me. My fingertips were numb, if not already frosted over.

A low rumble from the back of something's throat sounded, making me snap my arms back and stop in my tracks. I felt my arm brush off something, so I tried to feel what it was. Rock. Solid rock, probably the caves entrance. Well at least I had made it without getting horribly lost. The growl hummed again and I held my warm breaths in. I took a small step into the enclosed space, hoping my movements wouldn't be detected. I pulled the cuff links out of my sleeve ends and summoned the blades given to me for protection. They glistened with the sudden moisture clinging to the sheer metal.

My feet guided me blindly forward, occasionally into rocks that would scuff my black shoes. I inwardly cursed at the noises that made.
I raised my eyes line of vision from the ground to the supposed centre of the space. The mist was more dispersed here, not as blinding as outside. Then I noticed them, the pure black metal shining dangerously before me.
"Claws?"
The weapons were two black claws, designed to sit on your fingers, hence the name. Their blades were deadly sharp, making me shudder just looking at them. No wonder the god wanted these back, they were deadly.

"Be careful," the voice smirked in my head again.
"Why? What else is there that I don't know?"
"First of all, those claws have poison and venom on the tips, it would instantly kill you if you accidentally cut yourself. Secondly, the protector I mentioned earlier, he's behind you."
"What?!" I shrieked, spinning around to find the beast baring it's fangs at me. It was a lion-wolf hybrid of some sort. I gulped, readying my own weapons.

It raised a paw at me, growling and swiping ferociously.  I stepped back, trying to think out a plan, but I couldn't. My mind was blank and my hands trembling around the daggers' grips.
It leapt at me, giving me no time to think so I did what my instincts allowed me. I raised my hands in protection. It turned out that trusting my instincts was the best idea, because now, in front of my shivering, shaking self, lay a wounded hybrid creature, two gashes in its side and a pained, dying expression painted across its face. At first I wondered if I had done that, defeated such a thing so easily by myself. But then I released relieved sobs, glad that was all it took.

I bent down beside it, wanting to end it for the beast there and then, not let it suffer any longer. But obviously it's grudge ran deep, as when I knelt beside it, a massive paw swiped my side, burning me with intense pain.
"Oooooww, mother f-," I held my tongue so not release unpleasant language. I raised my daggers and ran it through once and for all.
I leapt back, not wanting to give it another chance to wound me further.