25 God's Curse

*Minseok POV*

I stood in the kitchen, scratching my arm frantically. What the hell was happening to it? A black rash was crawling up my skin, sending its irritable after effects further. I bit my lip, scrambling around the bench for a cream to soothe my raging itches.

Whatever it was that was plaguing me, came from that bloody island. My slashed hip stung from my vigorous movements. Was this a consequence Hoshi mentioned? I hoped it wasn't as bad as he had made it out to be. I mean, I was just itchy, right?

"Poor, poor Minseok, is that God's Curse driving you mad?" An all too familiar voice spoke beside me.
I turned my face to spot Taehyung and all his beauty beside me. He wore a purple, silk button up with the sleeves pulled up his arms. It was tucked into black, skin tight jeans, complementing his long legs.

"What's God's Curse?" I asked, returning to my ceaseless scratching.
"As the name would state, a God's Curse, Hananim's probably."
"Hananim?"
"Ugh, Kamisama, Hananim, same thing. That hybrid was his pet kitten."
"So this scratch he gave me was-,"
"Cursed. Indeed. I warned you and I told you to be careful, but this is what carelessness achieves."
I growled, angry that he dared patronise me after the hell I went through to get his damn claws.

"Anyway," he continued, "Where are my claws?"
I tilted my head in the direction of the bread bin, where I had temporarily hidden them. He strolled over, opening it and pulling them out. A smile graced his angelic features, a purely serene smile. I pulled him from his thoughts.
"Great, you've got your bloody claws now heal this and give me the reward so I can forget any of this ever happened."

He frowned, looking at my outstretched arm. The black rash hideously obvious. He shook his head, "I can't heal that, it's permanent. But here-," he added, leaning in and kissing my cheek, "Whenever you feel the time is right, wish for somebody back." He also orbed my Twin Blades into his hands, thanking me for my help.
With that he disappeared, leaving me alone in the kitchen to view my current situation.

I was free of that deal.

I had an unbreakable curse on me.

Both Jongin and Jeonmyeon were dead, leaving a hard choice.

I shivered at my odds, disappointed with how things had turned out. I had pushed Hoshi's advice away, ignored Jongin's and Kyungsoo's attempts to keep me safe, and had gotten myself into a horrible situation that I couldn't climb out of. I was such an idiot.

"Minseok!" Kyungsoo called from the next room over, running into the kitchen. He pulled his sleeve up and shoved his arm in my face.
"A message?" I asked.
"Yeah, apparently it's down to Jungkook and I. Jimin is dead."
"What? How?"
"Jungkook killed him."
I winced at the scene flashing through my mind. Jimin at the mercy of Jungkook's blade, his own lover.

"And what does Kamisama have planned?"
Soo gulped, obviously getting to the part I wouldn't like. "It's a one on one fight to the death. Winner takes all I guess." I watched his eyes burn with the desire to win, the desire to bring Jongin back. It was at that moment I knew, I should just trust him to do it. Kyungsoo would bring his lover back, leaving me with the job of reviving Jeonmyeon.

"When do you have to go?" I asked him, pulling him into a tight hug.
"Like, now."
A tear trailed down my cheek and I sniffed, fighting the urge to cry, not let him go. This match decided on two lives, Kyungsoo's and Jongin's. I feared that Kyungsoo would lose, but I had my resolve. If Soo thought he could do it then I'd believe in him.

The rattling of the front door interrupted our moment, having us both rush out to see who it was.
"Hey guys." Jongdae smiled at us.
My heart sped up at the sight of him. He had been gone a year, and finally back. I ran into his open arms, Kyungsoo doing the same. We babbled long strings of 'I loves yous' and 'thank god your backs'.

He rubbed circles into our backs, soothing us as we cried into his chest about literally everything. He guided us to the couch and we calmed down a bit, realising we were probably worrying him.
"What's wrong?" He asked, pulling his jacket off and tossing it over the arm of the couch.
"Minseok can explain, I have to go!" Kyungsoo stood up abruptly, realising the time. "Love you both."

With that he ran off, and I silently prayed for things to go in his favour.

*Jungkook POV*

Seeing as Jimin was gone, and I didn't receive premonitions, Kamisama personally escorted me to the location we were supposed to meet up at. Kyungsoo was running a bit late, so I sat down on the damp grass, rain droplets peppering the stems.

We were at the same lakeside as before, the sun setting blissfully behind the horizon. The breeze was soft, welcome. I needed to sleep badly, I was wrecked from battling with myself.

"Ah, player two has arrived," Kamisama sighs, motioning towards Kyungsoo's arrival. I looked into his burning eyes, he had no doubt or fear on his face like he used to, only anger, self assurance and concentration. I knew he was ticked off, I could tell by the way he tried to ignore my stare. He also folded his arms and requested that we go and get this over with quickly.

Kamisama clapped his hands twice, the scenery around us swirling, morphing into something else entirely. I would never get used to it, his magic.
We were now in an arena of sorts, though the ring was ginormous with thick forestry creating a canopy. I couldn't see the forest floor from the stands we were descending from.

The entire room was packed with buff men and women. Real, this time. They all had individual fashion senses and unique habits.
"Who are they?" I asked Kamisama, curious as to no what they were here for.
"Spectators," he answered, gliding down the steps gracefully, "They are all demigods."
That explained why they seemed different.

"Now," he halted at the edge of the indoor forest, "Here's what happens. There are no rules per say, only things you should know. Firstly, the battle ground will change every fifteen minutes, for example from this forest to a desert. This is to help each of you as your weapons are both extremely different. Secondly, your on your own, there will be no other creatures in there. And lastly, say high to our special guests."

I frowned at his request but noticed four translucent figures walk up from behind him.
"Jongin!" Kyungsoo cried, seeing his usual grin.
"Jimin?" I gasped, reaching out to the my looking lover.
Mark and Jackson held hands, peace filled their faces and they seemed to have no anger or pity left. Only acceptance of what had happened.

"Um, I'm sorry, Mark. I didn't want to kill you." Kyungsoo apologised.
He shook his head slowly. "No biggie, I'm just glad to finally see Jackson again."
Jackson squeezed his hand and smiled, "Good luck."
It was then that I noticed the ring upon Mark's finger. A lump formed in my throat when I realised what it meant. They were supposed to get married.

They never had the chance to do the one thing they promised each other.

Jimin was ignoring my advances, refusing to say a word to his killer.
"So none of you see each other in oblivion?" Kyungsoo asked.
"No, first time I've seen Jackson since he died." Mark answered solemnly.
My breath hitched, so if I died tonight, I would never see Jimin again.

Jimin placed an icy cold, transparent hand on my cheek, "That's why you have to fight with all you have."

The end of the book is near as you could probably tell. Thank you so much for reading this far.
-keitorin