26 One More Love

*Hoshi POV*

I leaned against the railing of the balcony outside my room. Seeing as I wasn't able to stand in Olympus, Kamisama immediately magicked up this fancy house, with all sorts of protective spells set on it. It was somewhere he could always see, watch me.
It was also a place which he visited most nights to be with me. I was lonely most days if a game wasn't on, and I wasn't allowed to leave this confinement without his magic. That's how I popped up out of nowhere.

The moon was rising high in the sky, and I watched the stars shimmer along side it. That moon was Kamisama and I his star. I was small and unimpressive when beside him, but I wasn't angry or upset about it. Just lonely. And feeling this way for so long brought me to the conclusion that we were well over due an expansion.

As God's never aged or died, they were given the liberty of expanding a family in another way. They would add another lover to their life, keeping the old as well. Two hundred years ago, when I was still relatively human-ish, I would've brushed that thought aside. I would've never allowed Kamisama to love another other than me. But with immortality comes wisdom and an open mind. I was damn lonely and needed someone to talk to.

So when I was told about the start of a new game, I got excited. It would eliminate my boredom for at least a little while and also give me a chance to find a boyfriend. Now I had one issue. Kamisama's consent. He had to agree to it.

I heard the sound of footsteps through my supposedly empty abode. It could only mean the man in question was home, and this was my chance.
"Hoshi?!" He called.
I ran back inside and went to find him. He was in the kitchen, looking for food.
"Welcome home." I greeted, wandering over to his side.

He turned to see me and muttered a quick 'hello' before returning his gaze to the fridge. I pouted, not entirely sure how to go about my request. So I decided on the most obvious one.
"Hananim, I want us to expand."
He slammed the fridge door shut and spun around again to meet my dead serious face. I didn't break eye contact as his eyes bored into mine.

"No."
I hesitated, "W-what?"
"No, we are not expanding. I don't want anyone other than you."
I didn't know wether I should've felt touched, angry or disappointed. So I felt all three.
"Why? You didn't even hear why I wanted this!"
He shrugged. "Whatever you say, you won't have my consent."

I balled my fists, feeling so ready to punch this beautiful man for his unbelievable cockiness.
"I'm lonely as hell! All you do is lock me away and run off to god knows where, expecting I'll always be here to welcome you home! Well guess what? I'm fed up of my solitary confinement. I hate having nobody to talk to or listen to me in return!"
He let out a sigh and threw his head back. I watched as he trailed off into the living room and collapse on the couch.

"Here, now." He ordered, patting the cushion beside him. I complied though still furious.
I got comfortable while he thought out the conversation, something he did a lot.
"Look, Hoshi, I realise how you feel and what you want. I'm always away, I know. I leave you alone for hours sometimes days, I know. And I also know that I forbid you guests to pass the time. But from my perspective you are all I care about and need. I don't want to run the risk of you leaving me, falling for another or hating me. Though I think I'm doing a poor job of that last part."

"I don't hate you!" I quickly corrected him, "I've never hated you. It's just that I wish this little leash you keep me on was longer."
He played with my pink hair, feeling it's soft texture and smiling slightly. "I'm sorry, Soonyoung."
I leaned against him. "Would you be mad if I said I already knew the partner I wanted?"
He tensed, making me nervous. "Who?"
"Um, Jongin."
"Why Jongin?"
"I just.....want him I guess."

He sat back in his chair, looking ahead but not at me. "But that makes things complicated. If Kyungsoo wins, Jongin is his and if not, I still have to hold up my rules and erase him. He's just not an option."
"But-,"
"No! He is Kyungsoo's, and I will not bend rules."
I could tell that was final, and could see where he was coming from, but it still bothered me.

"Fine."
Minutes of silence passed. I felt my mood worsen and Kamisama's as well. I glanced at him and I could see him thinking. He had something on his mind, I know he did. He was never one to share his feelings with me completely and I always had to drag them out.

"Hananim." I whispered.
"Mmm?" He answered, still studying the floor intently.
"Tell me what your thinking. Please."
He looked up and bit his lower lip. I watched as he prepared in his head what he wanted to say.

"I can make a compromise with you, but bare in mind that there is a sacrifice we must make. Something you chose will have to change."
"Go on."
"To be honest, I've always wanted to grow old, and when I met you, I thought 'this is the person I shall die with', but...."
"I chose immortality."
"Yeah."

I felt guilt for ruining his wish, but I wouldn't have traded what I chose at that moment for anything. I had loved being immortal, it was my dream come true. But I was well prepared to give it up now. I had experienced it, loved it, and now it was time to leave it.
"You want me to give it up?"
"Yes." He replied, "As well as my own. I want us to live a human life."

I pictured what he wanted, what he always had. I took it for granted because I had aged until nineteen, but going further might've been a nice change.
"So when?" I asked.
His eyes lit up. "Really?"
"Really."
He clapped his hands together once, "As soon as this game ends, it all ends. We can go to school, get jobs, raise a family if that is what you wish."
"Sure."

He was ecstatic and his jovial manner also made me feel happier.
"I need my magic to end this game. So when the winner is determined, I'll erase the loser, revive the requested gamer and tear down this house. Then we can start again."

"I'm in."