6 Crash and Burn

*Jungkook POV*

My sleep was light. Kyungsoo and Jongin had lovely beds, but I could find no comfort while in enemies company.
The next morning I woke up early and stretched. I turned to face Jimin. My lover, friend, and soon to be partner in crime. I never wanted his hands to get dirty. Two days ago I never would have guessed they would. But now....

"Chim Chim," I breathed lightly, my morning voice evident.
"Mmmmmm" he muttered, not awake yet.
"We should go."
"Five more minutes."
"That could be the time it take to drug us."
"Numbskull. They have to use the special weapons to kill us remember?"
I thought. I did remember something like that.
He opened his eyes. "Can we get breakfast first?"

*****

After an awkward meal with our attackers or victims, depending, we got dressed swiftly and prepared to leave.
"Thank you for letting us stay." Mark smiled innocently.
"Yeah, thanks a lot," I agreed.
"My pleasure," Minseok nodded, and the four of us bowed.
"Take care!" Jackson waved, taking Marks hand and leading him away.
I wrapped my arm around Jimin's shoulders and guided him off as well.

Once alone I spoke my mind. "We need to get to that weapon first. It'll give us the upper hand."
"It will but, aren't there six or something. I thought it was one each."
"Probably is, all the more reason to get it first. Where did the vision say it was?"
"Up in the Evergreen Forest."
"Alright. We pack, eat and head over yeah?"
"Agreed."

I unlocked the door to our apartment and once my phone connected to the internet, I was bombarded with texts on social media. I ignored them mostly, but let my boss from my part time job know I couldn't make it.
"All good?" Jimin asked, removing his leather jacket.
"Absolutely."
We downed pot noodle for lunch, packed a bag full of items we might need in the forest and dressed for a possible fight. I was sure the others would show up too. A tingly feeling occupied my limbs. One I had never experienced before. What was it?

We walked to the train station once again, but this time with a destination. Jimin couldn't drive and I was too young, so this was our usual choice of transport other than the bus.
"Do you think we'll get it?" I asked my elder.
"I can only hope so," he said, forcing a big smile.
"Jimin? Don't act tough. I know better and your only fooling yourself. I'll catch you when you fall, clean up your mistakes and-," I paused, taking a deep breath, "Ill be the one to end you and bring you back."
A tear formed at the edge of both of his beautiful brown eyes. Though it wasn't just sadness I saw. There was happiness too.

We boarded the train, taking seats beside each other. Jimin lay on my shoulder while I stared out the window. What would happen to us? Dunno'. Was this going to be easy? Doubtful. Was Jimin worth it? Hell yes! My fingers curled into fists. What was about to go down in Evergreen Forest, was probably going to be the biggest, most dangerous and most memorable moment of our lives. I just hoped we lived to tell the tale.

*Jongin POV*

"Hurry up Soo, we want to beat the others!" I yelled, beeping my car horn.
The small boy burst past a worried sick Minseok, kissing him goodbye on the cheek at the door, and throwing the bag and himself in the passenger seat.
"See you soon Minseok!" He called confidently.
His guardian nodded and waved, blowing us both a kiss.
I stroked Kyungsoo's head. His soft black hair felt amazing in my fingers.
I pulled out of the drive and began the trip to the forest Soo explained had the weapon.
"Listen," I said firmly to my love, "Whatever happens today and from now on, know that you are my top priority and your life comes before mine! End of!"
"But Jongin-,"
"No buts Do Kyungsoo." And our eyes met in the rear view mirror. "No regrets." We always said these two words to each other when things were tough, if our secret got too dangerous, for encouragement in general.
He melted in his seat. "No regrets."