8 Fear Him!

*Mark POV*

I watched in aw and terror, as Jeon Jungkook sprinted at us, full speed, with the Duel Swords clasped in either hand. Jackson was nearest Jimin, so I'm guessing that was his first target.
"Jackson!" He screeched, now running along the unsteady bridge with ease. "I swear to God if you even touched Jimin, you'll meet the extra nasty side of these swords!"
I legged it across the bridge likewise, stumbling and tripping up when he didn't. "Jackson! Come back, we failed this time!"
He turned around to meet my horrified gaze. "I would, Mark, but...." he looked down.
The plank supporting him was cracking rapidly. And I hadn't noticed before but the five directly in front of him were lost to the canyon like split below.
"Can't you jump it?" I wailed, losing my self control. Jungkook had momentarily stopped at Jimin, giving us a few extra moments of escape.
"If I jump it, the one I land on with crack and fall. This bridge is way too old!"
I slowly edged closer to him, keeping his warmth in my mind, his love, and that was what brought me to him.
"Take my hand!" I called, extending over to his.
"Mark, what are you planning," He asked sceptically, taking my help.
"This!"
I yank him over to my side, knowing full well the planks would fall under both our weight, so I made a leap of faith to his side. I tumbled straight into Jimin's back, unintentionally pushing his ankle further down through the bridge. A blood curdling scream followed, and a strong hand yanking my hair, pulling my head up to meet their furious expression.
"Damn it Mark, I didn't want to have to hurt you!"
I wriggled, trying to free my blonde hair from his painful grip.
"Mark! Why would you do that." Jackson cried from behind me. I shivered, only now realising the extent of the situation I put myself in.
I felt a trembling sword touch my neck. Jackson wailed and cried in the distance, but everything seemed to blur in comparison to the death bringer kissing my skin.
"Don't do it Jungkook, he didn't try to!" Jackson yelled at the top of his lungs. Jungkook faltered.
"I already know that! But he's bound to die soon anyway, I'll make it quick and painless for him."
Jimin's whimpers were choked and distressed. I glanced slightly to look at the damage I had made, and what I saw was horrible. A blood stained leg with a huge shard of wood penetrating his shin. I released a sob.
"I'm so sorry Jimin. So, so sorry."
His tear streaked face looked at mine, pity filling his gaze. "Jungkook?"
I shuddered, that name brought terror to my ears now.
"Kookie, let him go!"
My knees went weak. Was Jimin serious? I butchered his leg, making this game ten times harder for him.
"No!" I mumble, "I deserve to die. Jimin, your leg is ruined."
"If Jimin says you should live, than I'll let you live. The game is still young after all." He flashed a fake smile, clearly warning me to watch my step in future. I grimaced as he let go of my hair roughly.

After a long human chain method to get us across. The four of us parted ways, knowing our enemies now without doubt. Our friendship was short lived, but for the best. Bring it on, Team Jikook.

*Jongin POV*

After passing the traumatising river, Kyungsoo and I ran as fast as we could to where we thought we had seen the swords.
"Damn it, they've been claimed!" I stomped my foot, rubbing my temple.
"We'll get the next one for sure," He encouraged enthusiastically.
I looked at him with deep intensity, then grabbed his shoulders, pulling him close to me. I initiated a deep, longing kiss. My hands trailed around his back and his over my cheeks.
"Definitely going crazy," I murmured between the first and the second.
My heart sped up. We comforted each other through passion and affection then parted. "Home?" I asked breathlessly.
"Home." He responded, not able to prevent the big smile that snuck onto his face.

We had just lost, yes, but we lived to see another day, which was so much more than I had secretly expected. The next weapon had to be a good one. 'Cause I was gonna' claim it.

We arrived home after an hour and it was twenty past eleven. Minseok came running to the door in his typical loose pyjamas. "Where were you two? I thought you had died!"
I smiled, way too happy to see his adorably worried face.
"We almost did, Minseok, but you wouldn't believe it." Kyungsoo went off telling the older about our toils and near death experiences.
I made mugs of tea, ready to calm down and hit the hay.
"Who claimed the swords then?" Minseok asked, leaning in close to Kyungsoo, holding onto his every word.
"Well, actually.....I don't know."
He looked at me for help, as if I knew. "Don't look at me, your the one who gets the messages."
It did bother me though. I really hoped they didn't come after us anytime soon.