21 Cat and Mouse

WARNING! There is some violence and gory shit you may not want to read, if you don't want to, skip to my a/n notes at the end, they'll tell you what happens in nicer terms (it's not really that bad, but just putting it out there in case your sensitive to this stuff). If you don't mind, then enjoy, this chapter has been planned out along with the rest all the way to the end.

*Kyungsoo POV*

After another two hours of Hoshi's healing, Jongin, Jungkook and I were back in shape, more or less. The lizards had returned to the sea and Hoshi returned to wherever he usually came from, leaving the five of us stranded on an island.

"So," Jungkook, clicked his tongue, twiddling his thumbs.
"So," I added, nodding to myself.
"Is there a weapon here?" Minseok finally asked a valid question, causing us all to sigh and say yes. There would be, it was a challenge after all. But this time it was Jongin, Jimin and I supposed Minseok who were weaponless. Though it made me frown, as to why Minseok was granted a place with us. He wasn't even a player.

"Then, do you guys usually run off and fight? Or something..." the oldest trailed off, shrugging.
I watched his movements. He was edgy, nervous even. I would've asked but that Kamisama materialised in the centre of our little circle and let out a long resounding sigh.
"What's the hold up?"
"No hold up." Jongin replied nonchalantly.
"Then move around, split up, you know," he whined, pretending to hold a knife, "Stabby stabby, kill kill kill?"
I scrunched up my face at his sick sense of humour. He seriously needed a slap in the face.
"Let's make this a little more fun, shall we?" He suggested, though we all knew it wasn't even a question, it was an order.
"In what way?" Jimin huffed, crossing his small arms in his white button up shirt.
"As in, nobody teams up! Every man for himself?"
I shuddered, directing my gaze at Jongin who didn't seem fussed on the idea either.
"Three, two..." Kamisama began counting down.

We all quickly bolted in separate directions, not bothering to work out where each was headed. My legs took me further as fast as they could, but they were short, and the vegetation in the ground also played a part in slowing us all down. I felt there was a good space to stop under a willow tree. It's drooping leaves produced coverage from the sun. I wondered though, how was it even able to grow here? Was there a creek? On an island? I decided it was a wasted effort asking questions about an island owned by gods.

I leaned against the soft bark, feeling my chest heave with every breath. I wasn't a built runner, didn't think I ever would be. I yanked my black hoodie off over my head, depositing it on the ground. My white shirt was soaked in sweat, half from the running, half from the humidity of the air in this place.
The sound of a twig snapping under foot startled me. I spun around, desperately trying to spot my new company. They were nowhere to be found.

"Rabbit?" I whispered, pushing my wet fringe back.
A loud squawk sounded, though not from a bird, from a land animal, I could tell. "Not a rabbit, shit."
I backed up a bit, passing the tree trunk and pushing out through the long green leaves of the willow. I wanted to make it out of there undetected, but I wasn't good with plans, and one wasn't coming to me naturally. I turned and ran, sprinting out of the the vicinity of that creature stalking me. But my effort was in vain.