Photo #5

22 June 2018

Yeri waltzed into my bedroom like it was no big deal. Considering I wasn't wearing anything to cover the lower part of my body though I had my comforter, it definitely was a big deal. I was still lying on my bed half-asleep.

As I worked from home most of the time, being my personal assistant meant he or she had the great privilege to own the spare keys to my apartment. It was simply more convenient that way when it came to working together. All the important things were kept in my home office.

"Son Chaeyoung, you need to get up!" she yelled. Yeri walked over to the windows and pulled the curtains aside. The strong sunlight warded off the dim cozy feeling nestling in my bedroom.

"Go away, Yeri," I groaned.

"Oh c'mon! It's almost 1pm, you lazy ass," she threw a pillow at me.

"Ouch. You're annoying," I managed to open my sleepy eyes and cast her a glare.

"You're acting like a child. I didn't know babysitting is part of my job," she yanked my comforter, revealing my stark naked backside. Luckily, my oversized tee was long enough to offer some sort of meek protection. I grinned into my pillow. This was bound to happen. 

She screamed at the top of her lungs whilst her hands shot up to cover her eyes.

"What the fuck?! I absolutely did not see that!"

"Oh, you absolutely did see my sexy butt and enjoyed it," I guffawed.

"No, I do not!" she protested, her cheeks flushed.

I finally sat up and grabbed myself a pair of shorts from the floor.

"Are you done?"

"Yes, show's over," I chuckled.

I padded out from my bedroom to get myself a glass of water. Following behind me, Yeri nagged away about my schedule, the exhibition, the messy state of my bedroom, et cetera. I wasn't paying close attention.  

This woman. I just got up from bed like a minute ago. Give me a break!

"Jesus Christ, Yeri. Give me some time, okay? Wait me in the living room. I'll see you in a minute," I barked. That shut her up, but I earned myself a glare before she left me alone.

I quickly washed and get dressed. I remembered that I didn't have any appointments today, so I opted for a casual combination. White shirt with the sleeves rolled up to my elbows and a pair of khaki shorts.

Yeri and I went out together for lunch. Waiting for our pastas to be served, I played on my phone while listening to Yeri repeat her naggings. This was our daily routine. She would run through my schedules and plans with me, I would discuss some of my projects with her, then we would go our separate ways to get busy. Sometimes she would accompany me to important meetings and photoshoots. I must say, we made a pretty good duo.

"Do you want to drop by at your exhibition later?" she asked.

"Why?"

"Well, I thought you might want to since you're free today."

It was almost at the end of the week, yet the exhibition was still receiving positive responses. The gallery reported to us that a lot of visitors came, twice the usual amount they had in normal days. I even did some interviews this week. My debut drew quite some attention. Many people wanted to know who was behind all the photos. The fact that the photographer was a Korean female added the attraction. Honestly, I was beyond happy to see that my career was going great, despite everything else in my life remained shitty.