Photo #6

5 May 2012

"Chaeyoung-ah! Wait for me!"

"Hurry up, Mina. You're so slow," I chuckled at Mina's frazzled figure. I lingered at a spot to catch my breath, waiting for Mina to catch up to me. She was panting heavily.

"Tired?" I asked. Mina nodded.

"Let me carry you," I immediately dropped to my knees facing backwards at her.

She made no response behind me. I egged her on, "C'mon, what are you waiting for?"

Mina let her slender frame fell on my back, her hands wrapped around my neck to secure her position. Withdrawing all my strength I developed from my regular running sessions, I managed to finish the remaining few hundred meters hike until the peak of Achasan while carrying my girlfriend.

It was almost dawn when I put her down. She was looking at me weirdly while I was wiping the beads of sweat around my face.

"What is it? Is there something on my face?"

"I didn't realize how strong you are," she giggled.

"You should see me on bed. I'll show you my strength know no limits," I winked at her, causing her to blush furiously.

"Chaeyoung-ah!" she gave me a slight push and stormed off to hide her flushed cheeks. She was so adorable when shy or angry. She would puff her cheeks and her lips would pout, it just made me wanted to kiss her right there. Speaking of which, she had very kissable lips.

Did I mention I love kissing her?

From behind, I pulled Mina into my arms. Although I was two inches shorter than my girlfriend, my head was able to rest on her shoulder, as I placed soft kisses on it. She liked me doing that.

"You're cute when you're shy," I whispered into her neck, my warm breath tingled the sensitive nerves beneath the skin. She blushed even harder.

On our one year anniversary, we decided to hike a mountain of Mina's choice. We were together for a year yet I still couldn't believe that this amazing girl was my girlfriend. Long story short, I was still very much in love with her.

We sat facing the valley as I busied myself to get my new camera ready for the right timing when the sun set. Mina bought it for me as a graduation gift. She supported my obsession over photography just like I did with her dancing.

"You're really attractive when you're so focused," her compliment swept me away. Unlike me, Mina was never one to express herself often. She was always so shy except performing onstage, where she completely put herself out there. No sign of embarrassment but a burning passion. We were the completely opposite.

I smirked at her.

As we sat enjoying the tranquility, Mina lowered her head onto my shoulder. She muttered, "Happy one year anniversary."

"Happy one year anniversary to you too, Mina. I love you," I replied, feeling my heartbeat danced in delight.

"Chaeyoung-ah, why do you love me?"

I lifted her head up so I could look at her directly in the eyes.

"Minari, from the moment I laid my eyes on you, I know you're special. I want to know about you and you let me in. Your talents, your thoughts, your fears, your flaws and your everything. They make you special. I love you for who you are."

I placed a kiss on her forehead. By this time, I couldn't control anymore. I rambled.

"I love you when you dance. I love you when you study. I love you when you ask me how do you look so many times even though you are so gorgeous. I love you when you watch me play with my camera. I love you when you sit beside me while I play the piano. I love you when you manage to wake me up even if it's mission impossible. I can go on and on but it is this, I love you because I do."