Photo #9

23 June 2018

I stirred, my eyes fluttered open. My senses immediately heightened when I realized the bed didn't smell the same, the walls were a light coffee brown. My bedroom definitely wasn't this tidy. I bolted up at the sight of my unfamiliar surroundings.

This is Nayeon's bedroom, you idiot.

My shoulders sagged as I remembered how I fell asleep here. Last night was ugly. I broke down after finding out that Mina had moved on and never did forgive me. On top of that, Nayeon knew about Mina and Jeongyeon all along but chose to stay away despite having the choice to talk to anyone of us. She said it was my battle to fight, but I understood she stepped aside because she was scared to tell the secret.

Yeah, that was the conclusion. I sighed.

Speaking of the devil, Nayeon was nowhere to be seen. She woke up earlier than me. I checked my phone lying on the nightstand to see it was ten minutes to noon. I took my time to scroll through my notifications. There were five missed calls and a text from Jeongyeon.

"Hey Chaeyoung. Why did you leave so suddenly? What's with the broken glass? Is everything alright? Mina said you weren't feeling well. Call me back asap."

I contemplated if I should reply her. Honestly, I was extremely jealous of her. I wanted to accuse her for stealing Mina away but Nayeon had helped me came to realize it was my fault I didn't fight for her. It was unfair to blame Jeongyeon. She knew nothing. To make things worse, she was the one who saved me from my misery.

God must be kidding me.

My angel was stronger today. So, I decided to send her a quick text, "I'm fine. Don't worry."

My phone rang two seconds after that. I cleared my throat before I tapped to answer.

"Hi."

"Gosh, Chaeyoung!" Her voice boomed from the other end of the line, "Where did you go last night? Were you sick? Are you really okay?"

"Slow down, " I chuckled, "Yes, I felt sick so I went home. I'm fine now," I decided to go on with Mina's lie.

"Phew, glad to hear that. I was worried you know. You should've told me."

"Sorry about that, and the glass," In fact, I wasn't feeling sorry at all. I doubted Jeongyeon could hear my insincerity.

"Yeah about that, it was quite a mess you've made," she laughed.

"It was an accident," I lied.

"It's okay. Anyway, you should get some rest. Let's meet up again someday," she said in a bright tone.

And risk seeing you and Mina lovey dovey again? I hope not.

"Maybe. Bye, Jeongyeon."

"Bye. Rest well."

As soon as we hung up, I threw my phone back onto the nightstand when the door creaked open. Nayeon strolled in with only a towel wrapped around her body, only to realize I was wide awake. Her shoulders bare and her hair was dripping wet.

"Uhm, could you please turn around?" she asked shyly.

Amused, my eyes lingered at her figure a minute too long before I mentally slapped myself for checking her out. I quickly hid under the blanket. I couldn't deny that Nayeon had an amazing body. She was the kind of beautiful that make heads turn whereever she walked. To her dismay, I wasn't interested at all no matter how hard she was trying to catch my attention. I had my eyes only for Mina.