Photo #18

23 July 2018

Today was Momo's photo shoot. Tzuyu had finally done putting together Hirai Dance Academy two days ago. The grand opening was scheduled to be in mid-August, so I had less than two weeks to complete this project as Momo wanted to release the first set of photos before that big day for publicity purposes. Apart from being tensed over the shortage of time, my mind also battled against the feeling of excitement. 

The fact that I was going to see a certain Japanese woman for the whole day brought an excited smile to my lips. 

Mina called me yesterday to inform me that Jeongyeon was recovering. I was relieved to know that the lecturer was discharged after spending a night in the hospital. We chatted a little over the phone before she hung up to meet Jeongyeon for dinner. Although my heart ached that she cared for Jeongyeon very much, I was happy that Mina was getting more comfortable with me. I loved how things were between us right now. Fuck what Nayeon said about Mina "being too kind for her own good to reject me". Who is she to speak for Mina? I understood Nayeon was right in some ways but why let the fear over what would happen in the future prevent what Mina and I have now? 

If we weren't going to get our happy ending, then I'm fine seeing Mina happy at least. 

If Mina needed me, I would be there for her. 

And I would be prepared to leave when she didn't need me anymore. 

"Hey Chaeyoung! You're early." 

I looked up from my equipment on the table provided to catch Momo smiling widely at me. She was carrying two paper bags bearing the Starbucks logo. 

"Good morning, Momo." 

"Here," the raven haired girl handed me a cup of iced Americano from one of the bags, "This is for you." 

"Thanks," I accepted and took a sip. The iciness prickled my throat. 

"You're welcome," Momo mirrored me with her own cup, "We gotta wait for the other dancers to come." 

"It's fine. I'm going to shoot the video first since the place is empty now. Can you please switch on all the lights for me?" 

"Sure," Momo chirped and left me to my own devices. 

I adjusted the browline glasses on my nose bridge and perched my Nikon above the Ronin S before making my way back to the entrance, where the video I had in mind would kick off. As discussed with Momo, I planned to shoot a video highlighting the facilities of the dance academy, so I did just that. Unlike the first time I visited here, all the rooms and studios were fully furnished and decorated, boasting an urban concept with a hint of vintage elements. Like the various framed Michael Jackson posters dotting the light gray walls along the corridor.

"You must be the photographer!" a rather cutesy voice startled me, interrupting my progress. Luckily, I was about to wrap up otherwise I would've yelled at that person, given my temper. 

I turned around and spotted a strikingly beautiful woman. Long straight hair framed her small pale face, the dark purple highlights shimmering under the spotlight. Her red lips formed a cute pout when relaxed. Her big brown eyes twinkled in joviality. She was wearing an off shoulder blouse matched with a dark high waisted skirt and a pair of heels. I must had hung around with Japanese a lot to recognize her as one. 

"Yes," I lowered down my camera, "Nice to meet you. I'm Chaeyoung." 

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Sana," she let out a giggle, "I'm sorry, I was watching you for a while. You're too cute when you're so focused."