Photo #40

[This chapter is edited by @SimplisticSarcasm]

###

I made a Spotify playlist for this fic. Go follow:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0aHtw5kSdAMomnuQ874mtE?si=T-8v6ZUgSHexdewaJ9VXlg

com/playlist/0aHtw5kSdAMomnuQ874mtE?si=T-8v6ZUgSHexdewaJ9VXlg

###

"And perhaps what made her beautiful; was not her appearance, or what she achieved; but in her love, and in her courage, and in her audacity to believe; No matter the shadows around her, light ran wild within her, and that was the way she came alive; and it showed up in everything."

— Morgan Harper Nichols

2 January 2019

"Mina? Mina!"

I trembled so badly I could barely feel her pulse with my fingers, frightening myself into the assumption that she was dead.

Until I felt her extremely slow breathing.

Relief washed over me.

She had fainted.

I tugged at the rope, seeing as it was too tight to untie with my bare hands, I raced out of the room in search of something sharp. Grabbing the knife from the kitchen counter, I used it to free Mina, cutting through the fabric and duct tape. My handiwork was hasty but careful. Once she was released, her limp body fell upon my small frame, prompting me to carry her bridal style and laying her on the bed nearby. I chanted her name again, hoping she would wake but to no avail.

Nearing wit's end, I quickly dialed 119, the Korean ambulance service number.

"Hello, my name is Son Chaeyoung. I require an ambulance immediately. A woman fainted," I tried to speak as calmly as possible.

"How long has she been unconscious?" 

"I don't know. Maybe half an hour," I did an estimated calculation in my head. 

"Please inform us of the location."

I recited the address to them. 

"The ambulance will be there in 5 minutes. Meanwhile, lie her flat on her back. Raise her legs above the chest level. Loosen her clothing if possible. Stay like this until the medical team arrives," the operator commanded.

"Thank you," I huffed. 

After hanging up, I did as told without hesitation. I was taking off Mina's jacket when I heard noises outside. 

Not long after, I heard Yeri calling out for me.

"Here! In the bedroom!" I echoed.

"Oh my God," Yeri gasped when she saw us, "What happened?"

"She's unconscious. We need to take her to the hospital as soon as possible," I rambled.

Just then, Nayeon rushed into the room with a police officer.