Photo #21

[NEW BANNER ABOVE! POEM WRITTEN BY ScarsHearts]

You can also share your own poems or quotes to me if you want. Just submit via inbox. Don't plagiarize and it must relate to this story :)

###

Mina's POV

29 July 2018

Chaeyoung was lying.

I could see through the fake smiles, the shaky breaths and the way she clutched her glass of wine like her life depended on it.

She was drinking. Again. I should be worried for her. But I was too preoccupied with my own pain that I didn't stop her.

Because I was lying too.

I didn't tell her I was jealous that she was getting closer with Sana.

The moment I saw Sana slipped Chaeyoung her phone number, I felt like a bowl of ice cold water was poured onto my heart. I didn't know what the fuck was wrong with me so when Jeongyeon came into the studio, I put on quite a show to kiss her and introduced her to my colleagues. I knew she was looking at us.

Last Friday, we were having a great time together. She was so sweet and mindful, but I just had to ruin it due to my selfishness. Which I had no right to be. I didn't expect her to confront me in the car whether I was jealous. Am I that obvious? I can't tell you, Chaeyoung. I can't. I'm scared to death. So I blamed it on Sana's flirtatiousness and made it seemed like I was looking out for Chaeyoung. I was such a hypocrite.

"My heart is already broken," she said.

I would never forget that melancholic look on her face.

I'm the one who broke her heart.

After Chaeyoung sent me home, I dropped to my knees and cried beside the door.

All I could ever think throughout the weekend was how I mustn't let Chaeyoung know of my jealousy.

So I apologized to her at Tzuyu's party. I thought I had myself under control but she had to persist. She was too smart.

"But why? What made you acted selfish?" she asked.

I couldn't look straight into her eyes. I was thrown off guard. Like a deer caught in the headlights. I saw a fire burning behind her chocolate brown eyes. She was waiting for me. I almost wanted to give in to her but my conscience picked Jeongyeon. My heart was screaming "Because I'm jealous!" but the words were stuck at the tip of my tongue.

My cowardice extinguished that fire.

"It's fine. I'm talking to Sana, just so you know," she said.

It hurt. It really hurt. I acted like it wasn't a big deal when really it was breaking my heart.

I'm breaking inside, Chaeyoung. Can't you see?

"Myoui Mina?"

Jeongyeon's voice dragged me back to reality.

I couldn't recall what happened after the truth or dare game. Given Jeongyeon's short temper, I reckoned we might crash a car or two on the way back. But we somehow managed to return home in one piece. Perhaps I was just so lost in my own thoughts. I was only vaguely aware that Tzuyu was staring daggers at us when Jeongyeon suddenly announced to the crowd that we had to leave.

I stared at the distance between us. Jeongyeon gripped the cabinet that stood in a corner of the living room while I sat on the couch with my arms crossed. Pin drop silence enveloped the room.