Chapter I

I am Naiad. An elf-nymph.

Well, nymph but I have some traits of elves; like fair skin, somewhat pointed ears, long beautiful hair and blue eyes. My father is an elf and my mom is a nymph. She is a forest nymph while I am water one.

We live deep in a forest, near waterfalls. Our land is near a werewolf pack. Yep, werewolf pack! I live in a world of what you would call fantasy; Werewolves are the most common ones, then we have witches, nymphs, elves and vampires.

Of course, there are humans too! But we hide from them. They would probably use us as experiments, but mostly kill us all.

I have never seen a vampire or a witch. I saw werewolves once or twice when someone was looking for their mate and found them in our village.

I know it's weird, werewolves and nymphs, but if they are mates, why not? Although the combination is rare!

As a nymph, I don't have a mate. My parents see who I will marry, based on the Stars when I was born. So it's kind of like mates, but it's not decided by the moon goddess, it's by the Stars. And I don't feel any pull or obligation. We simply see it in their eyes. And we call them our beloveds, not our mates.

I am turning 20, so I should have my beloved one with me already if it was another nymph or elf. My parents told me that he is a werewolf and that the Stars decide when I find him. Of course for him, I will be his mate if his wolf acknowledges me as one. If not, he rejects me and well Stars will be wrong for the first time ever. But hey! With me, it can happen.

I am an only child, so most of the time I am quite lonely. I did have a good friend named Jareth; he was in love with me but it was forbidden in our community to be with someone else, if you know you have your beloved.

He tried to break the rules and force me into being with him, so he was punished with exile. That was 6 years ago. I sometimes miss our moments but, I surely don't miss the evil glint in his eyes when he told me he will take me as his beloved. But, enough of thinking about bad memories!

Tonight is a full moon; which means, I can go out in the night to show my respects to Tefnut; Goddess of water and fertility. Because I am the only water nymph in my village, I have to do it every full moon. Water nymphs are really rare.

Since I am somewhat a princess here, well my parents are the most respected elf and nymph, I am not allowed to go anywhere alone and I can't go out after 8 in the night. Of course, today is an exception!

So, I am currently getting ready and since I never wear makeup, I just readjust my long curls. I am wearing a long white dress with a star pattern on it. It's really beautiful and it looks like I'm wearing the night sky itself. For tonight, I bathed in special oil from Dominican red rose and Davana. Its scent is heavenly and people always say I smelt like them since little.

I take my plate of flowers which I always pick myself for the goddess. I can't mess this up or the consequences can be really dreadful; like having no water till the next full moon or that women in our village won't be fertile. At least that is what the elders said to me.

The village is really quiet tonight since they know the ritual. I began my short walk towards my personal waterfall and I got there in approximately 7 minutes. The scenery is as beautiful as always; the waterfall is just under the mountain, its dark blue water matches perfectly with dark forest green. It's still not dark but it will be in the next 15 minutes. Just enough time to prepare everything.

I lay flowers on white stones that surround the waterfall and by the time I am done, it's already dark but with the exception of the full moon of course

I lay flowers on white stones that surround the waterfall and by the time I am done, it's already dark but with the exception of the full moon of course. I begin thanking Goddess for all of her goods and offer her my obedience and loyalty. Then I humbly ask her to provide us with water and fertility. She then blesses me, so I know that ritual is finished. Everything takes about two hours.

By the time I finished, it's already pitch black dark and the moon was hidden behind the clouds. I walk silently back home and listen to water running in the river, which leads my way home. I know every bit of this forest, so not seeing much is not a problem. Nevertheless, the moon decided to peek behind the clouds for a bit and shine some of its light on the river.

And that is when I spot it! A huge grey wolf with piercing brown eyes! He was watching me closely and I stared back at him. The more I watch those brown orbs, the more I am drawn to them. I subconsciously start walking towards him, only to be pushed back by the river. Yes! Water pushed me back but didn't do anything to that wolf, meaning it's not time or place to get involved with it, but a wolf is no harm to me.

With one last look, I slowly walk back to my room and go to sleep.

Tomorrow is a big day!

We have to go to the werewolf pack for some special event. I forgot what event but, I think it's about one of Alpha's sons finding his mate and becoming an alpha.

I hope you liked my first chapter.

Please vote, comment and share.

You can follow me to find out about up coming stories and about updating schedule on this book. ☺️

Love, Jenna Rose 💗