24

"Naia!" I hear Ava's voice, turn around to see she is nicely showing

"Ava!" I smile and hug her.

"Let's go inside, I have cake ready. Dimitri and Kennedy you can come too." At the sound of the word cake I am hungry all over again.

We step inside and go to kitchen. I spent most of my day in kitchens today. On the counter there stands beautiful chocolate raspberry cake. Yum!

"Ohh Ava you are the best." I beam and clap my hands. I probably look like a child on a Christmas morning.

Ava hands us all a slice, mine and hers it's slightly bigger.

"How are you Ava?"

"Honestly I am better now, I got really scared for our pup. Mason is now more with me and when he is not I either have two guards or I go to safe room. But we decided I need a break so I am gonna go to my brothers pack."

"That is great. You really do deserve a break. So your brother is an Alpha? Do you have any other siblings?" I ask genuinely interested.

"No he is the beta. Yes two more and they all live in the same pack. So they want to help protect their sister."

I take another bite of cake, but fork is empty. Where did my cake go? I guess that piece wasn't as big as I imagined.

"Enough about me." Ava brakes my thoughts of  mourning after cake. "I heard you are with a pup! And I didn't hear that from you but from Mason! Mason Naia! Why didn't you tell me." I see she is truly hurt a bit.

"I am sorry Ava, I found out after the attack and I didn't know how are you, everything has been hectic. I promise that when I am pregnant again you will be the first person after Adrian to know!"

Did I just said that I will be pregnant again? Like said it casually? Dear lord I am not done with the first pregnancy and already declaring second.

"Okay." Ava beams and happily continues to eat her cake.

We then talk about Aaron, my and hers guards.

"So how was it?" Ava wiggles her eyebrows. I guess she is that friend that wants to know everything.

"Umm it was private." I say to her and give her a look that says 'I ain't telling nothing.'

"Come on Naiad give the pregnant lady some details." She playfully says.

"I am pregnant too so you can't pull that card."

Oh yeah you are probably wondering where Dimitri and Kennedy are. Well they are in here listening to out conversation barely holding them together, not to burst out laughing.

"You are no fun."

"I just respect my privacy Ava. And you are one really hormonal girl. I don't know how you will manage without Mason when you will be in your brothers pack."

"I don't know that too." Her eyes are now filled with tears. Oh no. Even Kennedy and Dimitri straightens up and stop secretly laughing.

"No don't cry Ava. You will manage. He will call you and will come visit you okay?" I come to her side to hug her.

"I am sorry. I am such a mess lately. I say I am fine but an really not." My guards both sensing this is private conversation, silently leave us alone and Ava continues. " I don't want to trouble Mason and I get nightmares so I barely sleep, doctor said I am stressing too much and my pregnancy is now at risk. What if I lost another baby? I can't give my mate one thing that he wants."

"Ava no don't say that. You are giving Mason everything! You won't loose the baby, I know it I can feel it. Talk to Mason about nightmares. And try to relax when you will be away."

She tells me some more about what is troubling her. I wish that Mason could go with her but I also know that Adrian needs his beta.

We moved from kitchen into living room and she fell asleep between sobbing. My heart is aching for her.

Adrian are you done for today?

Yes baby. Why?

So that means Mason is too?

Yes he is. He is on his way home, he should be there now. I have one quick errand to run and then I come home too.

Okay. I love you.

I love you too baby.

I see Mason talking outside with Dimitri and Kennedy so I go to him.

"Mason can we talk?" I go straight to the point.

"Sure." He steps towards me.

"I think you should talk to Ava, she is trying to look courageous but she is hurting inside. She also is scared about your baby and thinks she is failing you as a mate." Mason's expression is one of pain when I explain him this. I guess Ava has been even hiding her feelings through matebond.

"Thank you Naia. You are perfect Luna. Thank you for looking after Ava." He hugs me. Aww the big bad beta hugged me.

He goes inside, of course not before saying bye to all three of us. I dismiss Dimitri too so he can be with Brandon a bit. Kennedy didn't find her mate yet so she is fine with walking me home.

When we arrive I thank her for the day and start to cooking dinner. I am cutting vegetables when I feel Adrian's hands sneak around me. I guess I was so deep in thoughts I didn't feel or heard him.

"I heard from your thoughts you were thinking about second time being pregnant. You do know how the process goes so I think we should start now." Adrian huskily said to me, his hot breath hitting the back of my neck. I turn around and look him in his eyes.

"I know how it is done Adrian, and I also know that I can't get pregnant if I already am. So you will have to have another excuse to get some." I seductively say to him.

"As your mate I shouldn't have to have an excuse." He deadpans.

"You are right. So what are you waiting for then?" My hormones are all over the place.

He picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist. He goes upstairs to our room and locks the door. Yes I know we live alone but still and I guess dinner is cancelled.

One after one our clothing disappears and we spend our night in bliss. Or at least in ignorance of all the trouble we know will come.

 Or at least in ignorance of all the trouble we know will come

Thank you lovelies for all the reads, comments and votes!

Love,
Jenna Rose 💗