Chapter IV

"Okay. First off, will I be able to get my things from my house tomorrow? I need them and I like my dresses."

"We will go before our barbecue tomorrow. Isn't it hard for you to always be in these dresses?"

"To answer your question, no I am used to it. Besides I do have some normal clothes, it's just in nymph's nature to wear dresses I guess. Okay, next question is about mating. Nobody really explained that part to me."

He sucks in a deep breath.

"Well, the first step is to accept each other. We have done that. Next step is me marking you. Marking means, me biting your neck slightly so my wolf claims you as mine. It does hurt a bit at first, but then it's pleasurable. And well last step is us uhh... umm... connecting in bed too."

Oh.

"Okay. Is there any rush for these things or can we just let it happen whenever?"

"Well, our bond will be working on it happening as soon as possible. Do you know it affects us both?"

"I didn't, they told me I don't get to feel it."

"You don't feel sparks but you will feel attraction towards me. And when we mate, you will hear my thoughts and I will yours. But you won't be able to use a pack mind-link since you are not a wolf. Does being your beloved also have some special stuff?"

"Well, since I am a water nymph, you will have to let me pay respect every full moon. What I need for that, I will tell you later when the time comes. Being my beloved doesn't mean anything in particular. We don't feel any sparks, but we would do anything for our beloveds to please them. The female beloved wants nothing more than her love to be the happiest. I have one more personal question."

"Shoot."

I really don't know what makes me ask that question out loud.

I just.

I needed to know.

I heard about some stories of wolves having pups with women that are not his mate.

"Just to be sure, have you ever had sexual intercourse before?"

Before I could continue, he answered.

"Yes." With that my heart sinks a bit. I think he notices my disappointment.

"Naiad, please just listen to me. We werewolves don't know when we will find our mates and werewolves usually find them when we are 18. I am 25 and after 3years of looking for my mate in other packs and not finding one; I lost hope. I never imagined a nymph would be my mate. It's not common for Alphas. I was with a girl who also didn't find her mate. We were dating for two months before I broke it up because I felt guilty about not finding my mate. I told myself, I will wait till I become 27. And if I don't find my mate, I would find myself one she-wolf without a mate."

I couldn't listen to him anymore talking about him and other girls. I never felt that before.

"Just stop!" I don't even know where this voice of authority came from.

"Naiad?"

"Sorry. I don't know what happened. I just got so angry. I am usually quiet and peaceful. It's just I don't need a whole explanation. It was a simple question. I actually wanted to add that I am just making sure you don't have any kid whose mother will then complicate things. Although, I do love kids!"

"Sorry. I would guess that you weren't with any boy."

"No. I was saving myself for my beloved."

"So you didn't do anything, not even kissing."

"Um-" Should I tell him about Jareth? I mean he is my beloved. I kept my secret about dreams so I guess I can tell him that.

"I kind of, was kissed."

"What does that even mean?" Adrian says, but his voice is deeper and his eyes are black. Oh! that is his wolf.

"Um, there in my village was a guy who was in love with me and tried to forcefully make me his beloved. He tried to kiss me and well kind of did for a second or two. So, he somehow stole my first kiss."

"Bastard!" I can feel anger radiating off of him.

"Adrian, please calm down." I softly say. He is kind of scary like that.

"Are you scared of me, of my wolf?"

"Not really, I am scared of your anger." When he hears my answer, he bolts through the door and he is gone.

Okay. What just happened?

Well, I guess he needs to cool.

What should I do in the meantime? I could go explore the territory, I say to myself.

When I open the door, it's forest all around me. I just hope I don't step on some thorns. I forgot to tell you I always walk barefoot. I mean, I have tried heels, snickers, sandals and all but I feel more connected with nature. Besides in our village, they keep the floor clean because many residents walk barefoot.

But with werewolves, I don't see anyone walking barefoot. But if I step on a thorn, I can heal myself with water, so it's not a big deal I guess. I mean it does hurt but you know, not for long.

Okay, I have no idea where I am going; if I would just see someone, anyone!

"Luna! Luna!" I hear a familiar voice and turn around to see 'the little boy'.

"Aaron. What are you doing here? Did you run again from your parents?" I kneel down to his height.

"No Luna, I don't have parents anymore, that woman was my mom's friend."

"What? Aaron, I am so sorry."

"It's okay. They were killed by rogues." His face displays courage, but his eyes give away the truth. He awfully misses them but he was raised to be courageous.

"Aaron if you miss them, it's okay to show that." I say softly.

"I can't Luna." He sobs.

"You can Aaron. And don't call me Luna; I am your friend okay. Call me Naia. You can cry, it will be our secret."

He throws his arms around me and starts sobbing and crying.

"My mom's friend is okay, but she isn't my mom. And I want my dad. Every day, he told me to be strong and he taught me how to fight."

"Shhh Aaron. I know she is not your mom, she just wants to take care of you."

"She has her own pups! She doesn't want me, I am a burden." Wow, he is mature for his age.

"Oh Aaron; you are not a burden and you are so brave." I comfort him.

"Can you take care of me? I promise I will be a good pup!" It's the first time I see his eyes lighten up.

"We will have to ask Alpha okay? Will you show me around Aaron?"

"Yes!"

"Okay. Let's go."