15

Just a reminder, we are back at Naiad's POV.

Also this will be my only update for today, but you'll get three tomorrow ☺️

This morning I wake up newly refreshed

This morning I wake up newly refreshed. Last night after Aiden marked me I became a bit drowsy so we went to sleep immediately.

Whole night Aiden kept me in his arms. And yes I said Aiden. For the marking wolf pushes through and takes control and Aiden begged me if he can stay for the night. To which I couldn't say no. The mark is beautiful, it has a wolf howling at the moon and there are initials A.A.K. Adrian Aiden King.

He told me that there is some urgent matter to do in the morning so they won't be here.

Well and now here we are, I am walking towards Adrian's office in pack house dressed in a simple white dress.

"Naiad!" I turn around and see Adrian's cousin- Sierra.

"Sierra? Aren't you in your pack?" I ask perplexed.

"Yeah I should be. I just came to give you this." She hands me some kind of letter. "Oh and Naiad don't tell Adrian that you saw me, he won't believe you either way." With that she disappears.

What on earth just happened?

I then give my attention to letter.

My dear sweetest Naiad!

I haven't seen you in a long time, but my longing for you didn't falter.
I know you miss me too, after all you were just a little 14year old girl.

Yours forever Jareth.

I almost start hyperventilating. Come on Naiad, go quickly to Adrian he will help you. I pick up my pace and in a few minutes I am there.

In all my hurry I don't even knock on the door. And when I step in I see four pairs of eyes on me. Mason's, Dimitri's, Stacey's and Adrian's.

"Nia is everything alright? I was just excusing myself since I sensed you." He is by me in a second.

"I-i-i. Can we talk?" I finally manage to say.

"Of course. Tell me baby what is it?" I hand him the letter not being able to say anything.

I watch Adrian when he reads this letter. "You are mine!" Aiden roars.

"Aiden, I need Adrian back." I whisper to him. And in a second Adrian is back in control.

"Nia who gave you this letter? Why didn't you mindlink me immediately?"

"I forgot about mindlink." I admit with shame, fully conscious that everybody is listening into our conversation.

"Oh baby. Don't worry, I know you are not use to it."

"I love you." I hear his voice in my head.

"I love you too." I think in my head and Adrian smiles.

"You heard me?" I ask excitement plastered on my face.

"Yes I did. Whenever you want to mindlink me just think of me and tell me what you want to tell me." I guess he forgot about other people in the room.

"Okay." I nod.

"So about the letter, who gave it to you?"

He won't believe you. I thought of words Sierra told me.

But he is my Beloved, my mate. Surely he will.

Or will he?

"Tell me baby." He urges.

"Sierra." I whisper.

"What! Now that is enough!" And he is back to angry Alpha.

I knew I shouldn't have told him, now he doesn't believe me. A second too late I realized I said it in mindlink.

"Nia don't be silly. Of course I believe you, you are my mate. I am angry at Sierra not you." He cups my face in his hands.

He finally acknowledges others and clears his throat. "Well we have another matter on the hand."

"Is it connected with rouges that stole your sister?" Stacey asks. It's the first time I am hearing some more information about his sister.

Everybody in this room tenses.

"What does Naiad know nothing about it?" She asks acting clueless. When she doesn't get any answer she looks me in the eye and smirks. "Some mates you are, I know more about Adrian than you."

Adrian hangs his head thinking how to approach this whole situation. I can feel his guilt and sorrow.

"With all the respect Sierra, but you can't judge mine and Adrian's relationship. He told me that one day he will tell me and I was waiting for him to tell me. You say you know him better, but you really don't. Yes you have grown up with him and maybe know his favorite color, but you don't really understand him. I don't know his favorite color but I know he always smells the food first before he eats, he likes to sleep on left side of bed and when he wears tie he is satisfied with how it look only when he did it for the second time. And he likes to have peace and lie in silence before bed. You don't know when to keep your mouth shut or when to leave him alone." I rant, feeling angry.

She tries to argue with me but I continue.

"You didn't think that mentioning of his sister is a tough subject. You were overpowered with want to hurt me you didn't think of him. Now since I never wanted to find out about this like that I am gonna go, and you can solve that one on your own, until Adrian tells me everything, when he wants to. Adrian about my matter I would prefer we handle it alone. Have a nice day." With that I go out and close the door. I head towards the flower field. Tomorrow is my offering and I have to be prepared.

I come to the beautiful field and instantly calm down. I wasn't jealous, no I trust Adrian, I was angry that she upset him.

With everything going on and working, learning about new stuff I completely forgot how much I need nature. I hear a twig snap but don't jump, because I can sense Adrian. I like this new connection we have. He sits beside me, but we don't look at each other.

"It's not that I was hiding anything from you, it's just a hard subject to talk about. And what you said to her it's true. I also hope you don't think I can't protect you but subject about Eloise is really tough for me. I can and will protect you and I will not let Jareth take you away."

And that is all I need for now. Assurance my Beloved is by my side.

 Assurance my Beloved is by my side