17

"Nia we can go home now

"Nia we can go home now." Adrian repeats himself.

"Okay. Let's go. How was your day?"

"A lot of paper work, few rogue problems which were dealt with. But other than that I just missed you. And yours?" He takes my hand and we take our time to walk to our house.

"Well I went to visit Aaron and spent some time with his family. Told Dimitri he must call me by my name. And missed you too."

"What will we have for dinner/lunch today?"

"Honestly I don't know. I don't feel like cooking but I don't fancy a pack dinner or lunch either. Is that wrong?" I hope he won't think I am a bad mate but it's how I really feel today and I don't want to cook for him just because or to check it off my to-do list but because I enjoy preparing food for us.

"It's perfect actually." He beams.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I will take you out. We well go to late lunch in town. I realized I never courted you or took you on a date. We just somehow fell into place, like we have been together all our lives. But I want you to feel wanted. So go get dressed and we will be on our way."

He unlocks our house and I dash towards the stairs. But halt my movement to ask one more question.

"Fancy?"

"Huh?"

"Fancy restaurant?" Adrian nods.

"Nothing but the best for my girl." He winks at me. Although I could kinda disagree with him about not all expensive and fancy restaurants being the best, I knew what he meant.

I am so excited! I have never been to a human city. I jump under shower, wash my hair and shave. I have to remind Adrian about tonight.

I know baby, I didn't forget. When we end with our dinner we are going to field and you can pick them.

You know I am still not used to this mindlink. But don't listen to my thoughts okay? At least if I don't really push them in your head.

I promise I won't.

We shut mindlink then. When I am out of shower, with my hair dried I go to pick my dress.

After about eight minutes later I finally decide on a black dress with slight cleavage.

I arrange my hair and when I am finally happy I decent the stairs where I sense my beloved is

I slowly walk down just in time to see Adrian turn around.

Damn we have one hot mate. I hear in my voice.

Aiden. Keep yourself in check. Ah that must be Adrian talking to Aiden, and accidentally leaving his mindlink open.

I will when you admit we have a stunning mate.

Stunning is understatement. Adrian finishes conversation.

"You look-" He starts.

"Stunning? Or was it hot?" I smirk.

"Shit. I forgot to close mindlink. But you do look both. Come on we don't want to be late for our reservation." He helps we get in the car. Slowly we start to leave the woods and near the human world.

"So which city are we going to?" I ask Adrian.

"You don't know where you live?" He wonders perplexed.

"Well no, my parents never told me. I know human geography tho."

"Well my packland covers South Carolina. And we are going to Charleston. We have about 20 more minutes and we are there."

•••

True to his words after a short drive we arrived at what I can describe as a prestige but somehow homely restaurant called Grayson's. Adrian parks in front of the door, gets out and comes to my side. Opens the door and offers me a hand which I take. Man in his middle age comes and takes Adrian's keys, then jumps into drivers seat and go park the car. By Adrian's words that is costume here.

Beautiful wood doors are open by two bulk man and the inside is even more pretty. Chandelier hanging in a lobby, tables, chairs, plates, everything picked to match together and give a way a picture of prestige.

The lady that leads us to our table eyes Adrian, which causes me to glare at her, which she ignores and continues to look at MY beloved, MY mate, MY man.

Okay, that was the mate bond. It has to be.

I like it when you're jealous. Although you don't have any reason to be.

When I look up at him he is smirking, while his hand is resting on my lower back.

"The waiter will be here in a second." The lady says still ignoring my presence.

When she goes away, young man approaches us. I can feel his eyes on me and I don't like it one bit.

"Are you ready to order?" He asks, but it feels like he ignores Adrian. We are sitting in a booth and I can feel Adrian rests his hand on my knee. And the other one is around my waist.

"We will take a bottle of your finest red wine and two glasses of water." Adrian answers before I can.

The waiter scurries away probably because of his cold, authoritive voice.

Just as Adrian gives all of his attention back to me waiter is back at our table, giving me his, much unwanted attention and looks.

"What would beautiful woman want?"

"A new waiter." Adrian pipes in.

I like it when you're jealous. Although you don't have any reason to be. I say to Adrian through mindlink with a smirk on my face.

 I say to Adrian through mindlink with a smirk on my face