26

Me, Adrian and that guard run towards boarders, me still with letter in a hand

When we get there I immediately divert my eyes, the sight isn't really pretty. It's sad and disgusting actually. Lady doctor that helped me is lying on the ground, in her hand is carved the word traitor.

Some other members starts gathering but Adrian rushes them away and orders only guards to stay. I look at the letter in my hand and start reading it. Adrian comes to me and stands behind me reading it across my shoulder.

Dear sweetest Naia!

I know you missed me but now it's not the time for a reunion, at least not yet. You were a good, obedient girl and didn't show your mate last letter. Well I want him to see this one. The doctor was trying to hide the fact that you are pregnant, but I have other sources too. How could you let him touch you!

Since you obeyed me and I don't want you with a child I will give you six months. In those six months I want you to think of my arrival everyday. I will be counting down.

Also smart move for Ava to go to her brothers pack, but don't worry I am not interested in her. I only have my eyes on you.

Yours forever Jareth

W-what? I start to feel a bit dizzy so I sit on the floor.

"Naiad! What letter is he talking about?" Adrian lowly hisses in my ear.

"Adrian I will show you and tell you all about it just please don't make a scene here."

"The hell I won't!" This time he shouted and got everyone's attention.

Don't you see Adrian, that is what he wants. He wants us to drift apart, for us to look weak to pack. We need to be strong and protect our pack and fight at home if necessary.

You are right. I will help them and excuse ourselves. We will discuss this at home. He sternly says. I can feel through our bond he is furious and disappointed.

What I can't tell is who he is disappointed with. Me or him?

"Alright everyone, let's clean this up. Tomorrow we will have a pack meeting and I will sort this out. I want to double our patrols and if anything weird is happening report to me immediately. Me and your Luna will now go, since she needs to rest with our future Alpha." Adrian declares using his Alpha voice. Some guards gasp when he announces my pregnancy and even I am shocked he just told them that. It's not that I mind but he said we will make a picnic.

Adrian then comes near me, pulls me into a hug and kisses my temple. For everyone around us this is such a loving gesture, but I know him and I know this is acting. He is torn apart between his feelings and his mind.

I know he loves me and yet he is so angry and sad he has to act. Now I am disappointed in me. But what was I supposed to do? What would you do? Some crazy obsessed lunatic was treating pack members and Aaron!

I offef everybody a smile and me and Adrian go. As soon as we are out of their reach Adrian takes a step away from me. And it hurts. It hurts that he can't see my reasons why I did what I did.

I see our house not far away and all I am hoping is he isn't going to sleep on the couch, since our spare bed is now removed.

"Why?" Adrian asks as soon as he closes the front door.

"What why?" I ask confused to what exactly he is referring.

"Why don't you trust me? Am I that bad of a mate? Do you think I am not good enough? I know I didn't watch over her when I was young but I won't make the same mistake again! I can protect you and my pup." He growls but his voice is sad.

"Who is her Adrian?"

"My sister. I couldn't protect my sister. We were just playing. And I looked away for a second and they took her. They attacked her and she was gone. They killed her I felt through family bond. And it was all my fault! And I know everybody says I was only six and that it's not my fault, but it is. It is!" Adrian yells while sobbing. So that is the story about his sister Eloise. My heart is shattered by the view of broken Adrian. I wrap my arms around him.

"Adrian it really isn't your fault. You can't blame yourself for that. What about your parents, or the patrol? Or the guards? I wasn't your fault. And the reason I didn't tell you is because they threatened Aaron and other pack members. I can show you if you want. I asked Dimitri and Kennedy to look into it. I am sorry Adrian about not telling you but I was protecting the pack."

He tries to tell me something but I cut him off. I need to tell him this. "Also I trust you more than I have trusted anyone in my life. And you are a perfect mate. You are caring, gentle, loving, protective, smart. You are everything I ever wanted and don't you ever try to underestimate yourself. I am having a baby with you, and I know you will be a great role model to him or her."

And that is how our night went on, we sharing our insecurities and reassuring each other. I explained everything to him and after an hour or soo he finally saw my point of view and I am happy he saw it. I don't know what I would do if our fights would last longer than few hours.

Because at the end of the day he is all I have.

It's him and me and our baby and I don't want anything more.