chapter 6: johnnys pov

What does she mean when she said she "trusted him and it was the biggest mistake of my life"? Who was the him? Her words puzzled me and made my head ache for the rest of the day. I need to talk to her. I haven't even talked to any girl since our conversation at lunch and that was weird in itself.
"Hey, Laur, invite Mackenzie over. I need to talk to her," I said to Lauren as I passed her in the hall.
"Fine! But don't you dare make her feel uncomfortable," she replied rolling her eyes.
I just shrugged. I can't promise anything and I won't promise anything. After that I drove the short distance home, planning what I would say in my head.

LAURENS POV

"Hey kenz, want to come to my house, I could help you with that math homework?" I asked her not planning a reply.
"Sure, I'll just text my mom," she finally said whipping her phone out and typing at a hundred miles an hour.
"She said it's fine so, to your house I guess," she said with a shrug.

***

"Lauren, do you have any brothers or sisters?" Mackenzie suddenly asked.
We walked most of the way in silence up until this question.
"I have and older brother and 2 older sisters," I replied, not looking her in the eye. I knew if I told her johnny was my brother she wouldn't have come.
"Okay," she smiled.
We walked up my path and through the front door.
"Let's go get snacks then do homework," I said gesturing for her to follow me.
We walked through the door and guess who was waiting there?