chspter 24: johnnys pov

I can't believe she kissed me. It felt amazing to be able to hug and kiss her.
We stayed connected long after the kiss, her eyes pouring into mine and her thin arms wrapped around my neck.
Eventually I turned her around in my lap so I could cradle her as her eyes slipped shut and her head fell into my chest.
Her breaths were drawn evenly but her fingers twitched every so often and sometimes it made her heart rate speed up but apart from that, she slept soundly.
"Hey ken- oh, is she all right?" Her mom asked rushing into her room and to my side.
"She is now, and she will be she just took a little dip but I calmed her," I smiled softly.
Her mom didn't ask anything else, she just returned my smile and helped me into a seat with kenzie still on my lap.
She then picked up her notes, checking for any updates.
"She's mangered to put on a stone, she now 7 stone," her mom smiled, relief flooding her eyes and face.
My grin widened and I whispered in sleeping kenzies ear:" your doing it, your winning!"
Her mom went to discuss other updates with the nurse and doctor so, again, it was just me and kenzie.
Her eyes fluttered open as she woke, her small hands rubbing the soft eyelid.
"Hey sleeping beauty," I softly said kissing her forehead.
"Nothing is going to change is it? Because we kissed. You'll still keep coming to see me?" She asked her eyes wide.
"?Nothing will change I'll always be here as often as I can. The only thing that will change is how much i like you, because that will just grow and grow," I replied as she snuggled deeper into my lap,
"Good, because I couldn't live without you," and just after those words, she was back asleep, a smile on her gorgeous face.