chapter 21: johnnys pov

I was excited to see kenzie today. Partly because I brought some treats but also because I was desperate to see her smile.
It was always a challenge to get her to even grin, never mind actually smile but, I'm willing to try.
I flew threw the ward, practically running to kenzies room.
I knocked quietly but got no answer. I opened the door to see her sitting upright on her bed, her sliding table pulled over her lap, and a mirror sat ontop of it.
She was silently gazing at her reflecting, turning her head to different angles every few minutes.
"Hi, kenzie," I smiled, slipping into the seat next to her bed. "What are you doing?"
She silently shrugged, peeling her eyes from the mirror and to her lap.
We sat silently for a while, the silence both comfortable and uncomfortable.
"I've brought some sweets and chocolate and stuff like that, if you wants some," I said, pulling the food from my bag.
"Why do you care about me?" She responded, her eyes large. " we aren't dating so you could easily just leave me but, you haven't, and it's confusing me."
"I care about you because your special, someone who is easily liked but hard to love as you are so discreet when it comes to feelings and thoughts. Your someone who is valuable and important, someone who no one can replace. Also your stunning and perfect in so many ways to me. I know... I know we aren't dating but that doesn't mean I don't want you as my girlfriend, it means that I want you to be mine very much but I don't know how to ask or show it properly," I said, looking into her eyes.
She just looked at me not fully registering what I'd said.
"How could you say I'm perfect when I look like this? How would you ever want to date me when I'm so messed up?" Her voice was strained and she seemed so angry...

A/n: There's gonna be a part 2 coming tomorrow xx