chapter 22: johnnys pov

Her anger surprised me a lot. She never gets angry, upset maybe but, not angry.
She balled her hands into fists making her knuckles turn white. Her hunched position turned to bolt upright and her eyes darkened.
"I will never understand how you can bare to even look at me. I'm a mess, a disgrace. My own family only love me because they feel they have to. You don't have to care. You don't have to be here. I dont want to tie you down. How the he'll could you love a monster like me?!" She shouted picking up the mirror and throwing it across the room.
Her eyes started to become lighter as she dropped to her knees and started to pickup the shards of mirror, not realising that she was kneeling in a lot of it.
"Here, kenzie, let me, look at your knees, you'll get terribly hurt," I tried pulling her up but she didn't move.
Instead she dissolved into silent tears.
I pulled her to me until she started to punch my chest.
"Go, just go, before you can't. You need to be away from me, I'm a monster," she cried out, her punches getting weaker and weaker until they stopped and she collapsed into my chest.
"It's okay kenzie, I've got you. I care very, very much and you are not a monster, your incredible," I whispered, pulling her onto my knee.
A nurse came running into the room, probably hearing all the commotion.
"Is everything alri- oh dear, I'll clean up this mess," she stopped half her sentence short as she saw the smashed mirror and a crying kenzie.
As soon as she cleared everything up, she disappeared out of the room with a sad smile.