chapter 12: Laurens pov

"Come on kenzie, speed it up," I called,  dragging her along behind me.
"What's the rush?" She mumbled picking up her pace slightly.
"I've got lots of things to do tonight, so come on," I started to run.
I didn't expect her to run after me let alone fly past me. She is clearly a great runner.
By the time I reached my own house she was sitting in the living room with a bottle of water outstretched for me.
"How can you run like that?" I asked panting.
"Ummm... it doesn't matter, let's just say I've had to run a lot in my life," she replied, ringing her hands.
She was obviously uncomfortable so I won't push on the subject.
"Right, you, me, my room, Now," I smiled; time to start my plan.
We darted up the stairs and into my room, collapsing on my bed in firs of giggles.
"Right, so what busy stuff are you doing?" Mackenzie asked, sitting up and patting her hair in her.
"Well... Carson asked me out tonight and I said yes; just a movie and ice cream, nothing to fancy," I replied, pretending it wasn't a big deal.
"Omg! Lauren, why didn't you tell me earlier. You get your butt in the shower while I pick your outfit and put the straighteners on," she smiled, pushing towards my bathroom.
I hoped into the shower, quickly washing then jumping out.
I wrapped a fluffy towel around my hair and ran back into my room. Mackenzie, the life saving goddess, picked out some super skinny ripped jeans and a nude sweater with holes for the thumbs with nude ankle boots that had a stub of heel on. She also picked out a thick black jacket and a wool hat with a black pompom on top because it being the 4th of November.
"Aww, thankyou kenz, you really are a life saver," I said, reaching out and hugging  her.
"No problem, lolo, come on I'll do your make up and hair, then you can get ready," she smiled, sitting me down in front of my vanity.
She did beautiful, natural make up and loose curls in my hair. I got dressed and did a playful twirl.
"You look lovely lolo," she said, smiling.
"Thankyou kenzie," I giggle.
Now it's time for the plan.
"I left my phone in johnnys room, it's just across the hall, will you grab it for me," I asked, sweetly.
"Yeah, whatever," she replied, leaving the room.

JOHNNYS POV

Knock-knock
"Come in," I called sitting up with my guitar still on my lap.
"Sorry, Lauren said she left her phone in here," Mackenzie said, letting the door shut softly behind her.
"I don't think so, she hasn't been in here at all today," I replied.
Just then there was a click at my door handle. I looked at my bedside table. Oh damn it.
"Lauren! Unlock this door right Now," I shouted, jumping up from my bed.
"How could she lock us in, you have the key, Right?" Mackenzie asked.
"She took the key from my nightstand," I cursed, running my hands through my hair. So this was her brilliant plan.
"So, I'll be back around 8 and it's 4 now, so you have 4 hours to talk. Bye you two," Lauren said, then we could hear her heels clip down the hall.
"Lauren! Let me out!" Mackenzie shouted but, Lauren was already out the house.
Mackenzie turned around and sat on the floor in front of the door with her head in her lap.
"Hey, are you crying?" I asked, moving closer to her.
"No," she snapped, raising her head to show her dry eyes.
"I'm sorry that she's done this, shes super annoying," I shake my head as I sat down next to her.
"You don't need to be sorry, your not her," she gave me a small smile.
She was so beautiful, her whole face lit up when she smiled. My eyes were drawn to her lips and then I quickly looked away, a slight blush raised on my cheeks.
"Do you want to watch a movie or something," I asked.
"Yeah, whatever," she replied, her smile still on her face.
I walked over to my bed to grab the control. She got up to but paused in mid walk, her eyes scanning around the room.
"You can sit on my bed if you want," I say, smiling encouragingly.
She just gave a slight nod and sat quietly on the edge of my bed.
"Would you like some snacks, I've got some stuff in my mini fridge over there," I geture to the corner of the room.
"I can't," she blurted out. Her eyes full of panic.
"Why?" I asked, tactfully.
"He'll call me fat," she blurted out again before smacking her hand over her mouth.
What did she just say? He'll call her fat. Who's the he?
"Who, would cal you fat?" I asked, feeling anger bubble inside of me.
"It...it doesn't matter," she mumbled.
"Mackenzie, tell me," I replied.
Silence.
"Mackenzie you can tell me, you can trust me,"I reached over and took her soft hand in mine.
"You can't tell anyone. Not Lauren. Not your family, not mine. You promise?" She said, her hand still in mine.
"I promise," I replied.
"My ex... he...near the end of our relationship he... kept telling me I was fat and ugly and that every other girl was way more prettier and thinner until... until I stopped eating, stopped going out, stopped being the person I used to be. By the time he told he has been dating someone new and he was leaving me, I didn't feel like being anything anymore. I still struggle with food now, only eating a meal a day." She stated, not looking me in the eye.
I took a closer look at her and realised how thin she was; her ribs were showing through her shirt and her tummy was too flat. Her cheeks were hollow and I could easily wrap my finger and thumb around her wrist.
"Mackenzie, your anything but fat, your thin, too thin and if you keep going like this you'll die. Do you want to die Mackenzie?" I said, panic in my voice.
She just looked away but her hand squeezed mine.
"I used too...but Now, No," she replied, still not looking me in the eye.
"Your so god damn beautiful Mackenzie that it's impossible for me not to look at you, you need to start eating more, if not for yourself, for your family, for me and Lauren," I smile weakly as she looks up at me.
"Thankyou johnny," and with that, she collapsed into my arms. I ran my fingers through her soft hair, thinking about her past relationship and how much I wanted to kill him.

A/n:
I hope nothing in this chapter affects you or triggers you. None of this has happend to me or anyone I know, i just wanted people to understand how dangerous anorexia is and how telling someone they are fat can mean so much to that person. Spread love and not hate.
If you know anyone who goes through this pls tell an adult who can help them
Thankyou for all your support, it means a lot 😁😁
Love u all 💜💜💜