chapter 17: Laurens pov

Me and johnny weren't allowed in the ambulance.
We weren't her direct family. The school contacted her mom but it was me who filled her with as much details as I knew.
"Anorexic," I whispered as me and johnny went to his car at the end of school.
"I should of told someone as soon as I found out," johnny cursed slipping onto the leather seat and slamming his door.
Wait. What? He knew about her anorexia?
"You knew?" I gasped climbing into the passenger seat.
"She told me last night when you locked us in my room. It was the first time I truly saw her in a different view. She didn't cry, yet it felt like she was to me. I'm so god damn stupid," he yelled slamming his fist onto the steering wheel.
"Woah. Woah. Woah. Calm down and let's go straight to the hospital," I replied.
I've never seen my brother like this. He seemed so frustrated and sad that it nearly brought me to tears.
We were both emotional wrecks by the time we reached the hospital. We went straight to the hospital reception desk where they told us to go to a side building, north of the main building.
We walked in silence to the building, both of us wincing at the sign on the front:
Intense care unit/ anorexia patients unit.
We pushed the door open to see her mom sitting in the waiting room with Maddie and Greg.
To say they looked a wreck would be putting it nicely.
"How is she?" Johnny asked sitting opposite them.
"She started fitting as they brought her in, they said they'll try there hardest to save her," her mom choked out, her trembling hands wiping the tears from her eyes.
"She can't die," I squealed my whole body paralysed with fear." She won't. She can't. I need her. No. No. No."
Johnny wrestled my now flailing arms into a hug on the floor.
It was then I realised I had been pacing.
Johnny just rocked me. Backwards and forwards as silent tears trickled down my face.
I was very glad he was there. I'm very glad he was my twin.
We were still on the floor but neither of us could care.
When Johnny eventually managed to steer me to a seat, a doctor came through the double doors.
"Mrs Gisoni?" He said looking around the waiting room.
"Here," her mom said jumping from her seat.
"Sit down please," he replied, coming to sit near us." We gave managed to save her but she's incredibly weak, both emotionally and physically. We ended up waking her up but she hasn't spoken or given any reaction to being here."
"Can I see her?" She asked.
"Of course you can, all of you can, but I warn you, you might get a bit of a shock when you see her," he smiled weakly before telling us her room number then leaving.
We walked silently to room 5, mine and johnnys hands were clasped as we entered her room.
She was propped up on pillows with a thick feeding tube down her nose that was constantly running liquid into her. A drip was attached to her thin arm and blood was also being pumped into her.
That wasn't the most shocking thing about her though.
Her face was still slightly tanned but with no spark of life what so ever. Her eyes were open but showed recognition of us being there.
"Oh sweetheart, look at you," her mom grabbed her hand a squeezed lightly. She didn't squeeze back.
Maddie picked up her note sheet and released a small gasp.
"She's only 6 stone and she's 16 years old," Maddie bit her lip to stop her tears from falling.
"What happened kenz, why did you stop eating?" I asked, tears still rolling down my face.
Something then registered in her brain as she sat up.
"He'll be somewhere. Where is he? He'll call me fat if he sees me like this. He'll call me ugly and tell me so many girls are thinner because I'm so fat, look at Me," she half yelled half gasped, sticking her arms out infront of her.
Johnny rushed to her a put his arms around her. He was whispering something in her ear and running his hands through her hair.
What ever he was saying was calming her down; her breathing slowed, her arms fell to her side and she burried her head in his chest as he continued to whisper things to him. I swear one of the things he whispered was: I'm not Mark.