✤ 1.5 don't be hurt ✤

Posted July 14th 2018

| Rihaan - don't be hurt |

Blood makes me nervous.

I keep my palm pressed over the deep cut frantically searching my brain on how to get help. Her eyes are shut tight and she whimpers in pain, whispering while gasping a breath. "It hurts."

I can't loosen the pressure even if I want to ease her pain. She'll bleed more.

I have to get help. I take her hand and replace mine over the wound. "I know it hurts, but press it tight, okay? I'll go get help."

She nods, biting her lip to muffle her sounds. When I am sure she can look after herself, I run out of the room and yell for her family but one of their employees, HP, informs they've gone out for a business party.

"Fucking great." I curse before instructing him, "Okay, go get me the keys of whatever car is here."

His eyes widen, "Rihaan baba, you can't drive the car!"

"Just do it!" I raise my voice and run back.

To damn with my parents' rule not allowing me to drive on my own as I am still only 15. I'm well aware I don't have my license. I just have the permit and even with it, I cannot drive until there is a person sitting next to me who has a valid license.

I discard the apron and grab my phone from the floor. "Let's go."

I forward my hand for her to take but she timidly shakes her head. Breathing shallow, she informs. "Hurts to move."

Damn. Just how hard did she hit the ladder? I tell myself that's a stupid question. She has a deep cut which is bleeding. That should be answer enough.

I stuff my phone in the pocket and take a step towards her to carry her in my arms. Her jaw clenches as she holds in another whimper at the movement but doesn't stop me. She wraps one arm around my neck while the other remains pressed over the cut. I kick the door back and take rushed steps down from the third floor.

HP's eyes are large once again when he sees Sanya. I don't give him a chance to ask questions as I instruct, "Let her parents know I'm taking her home. Mom will make sure she's fine."

He nods, opening the passenger door for me of Khushi's Mercedes. It's quite old but vintage. One my dad had gifted to her years ago on her 21st birthday. She's going to be pissed with the ruined seat, but I'll worry about that tomorrow.

I run over to the driving side and start the car. As I pull out of the driveway, I take my phone out and speed dial my mom. She answers at the third ring. "Hey mom, are you home?"

She answers, "Not yet. I'll be there in 5. Are you hungry again? Seriously Rihaan, you..."

I cut her off in urgency, "No, mom. Just get home. Sanya's hurt. I'm bringing her there."

"What? Okay, okay. What happened?"

I give no details except for three words, "I'm driving. Bye."

Mom's car pulls into the driveway just as I step out of the car. She's already reprimanding, "You were driving?! Did you get her into an accident?"

I rush over to the passenger door, "Geez, mom. No. I drove after to get her here. We were painting and... doesn't matter. Just look at her?"

She bends and leans into the car. Sanya moves her palm off the cut. I hear mom inhale sharply. That cannot be good.

I am so screwed.

*✧✤--------------------------✤✧*

I stand awkwardly in front of the couch as mom cleans up her wound, biting my nails nervously. I feel like punching myself. What was the need to tease her? Especially when she was climbing down the ladder. I should have known better... It had seemed so harmless in the moment.