✤ 1.39 my dare ✤

Posted: December 17tg, 2019

Rihaan: 1.39 - my dare

Mihir, a classmate, yells over to call me, "Rihaan! Truth or dare?"

I chuckle walking up to them and greeting them all before commenting, "Don't y'all have any other game to play?"

Sunny replies while I sit on the arm of the couch as other spaces are full, "We do but they'd be more fun with girls who seem to be more interested in dancing today than games."

Mihir adds, "Yup, so we've been giving each other dares to kill time."

Guru asks, "Did we really see you walking in with Sanya?"

I answer, "Yeah, what about it?"

Guru points out, "You just always come to parties with Kriana."

Sunny slaps the back of Guru's head since he is seated next to him, "Dude, get with the program. You're so slow. He's been dating Sanya for a few months now."

Guru seems shocked. I want to laugh at the pure emotion that crosses his face. Really, what alternate universe does he live in to have not noticed?

Mihir informs further framing it in a question, "Yeah, didn't you two also go to New York over the summer?"

I inform briefly, "2 weeks, yeah."

Sunny comments, "Damn. Your parents must be hella cool to allow that."

I simply shrug for we didn't see it as a big deal given we'd traveled to many places together - granted our families would be with us - but still.

Faisal interjects playing the role of the old, grumpy stooge, "Are we going to keep playing or should I leave?"

Mihir reaches forward and spins the bottle while replying, "Chill. Don't get your panties in a twist."

Faisal mutters, "Excuse me if I have no interest in his so-called love life."

I squint at him even as the bottle slowly comes to a stop, "What do you mean 'so-called'?" It's as if he doesn't believe Sanya and I are together.

He pushes my buttons, "So, what? You come in here and say you two are together and I am just supposed to believe that? Tell me, have you even kissed her?"

Not this again.

I focus on my breathing to not get mad while Girish interjects, "Faisal," in a warning.

He plays innocently, manipulating others, "What? Guys, come on. It's just locker-room talk, isn't it? Don't we all tell each other if we've kissed a girl?"

Okay, I have heard these talks before but I have never partaken in them. I don't think it is anyone's business, but... boys will be boys. As much as I hate falling back on that excuse, it's true. It's like a game for them - to tell other guy friends how far they go with a girl.

With a steely glare, I retort tired of staying silent while he pricks and prods, "What's it going to take for you to finally back off?" I am dead tired of him making an issue out of my relationship with Sanya. I do very well remember Sanya's threat the day she ordered me to apologize to him for punching him. I couldn't hit him again to get him in line. But, that doesn't mean I won't use my words.

His lips turn upward smugly as he crosses his arms over his chest leaning back as if this is exactly where he wanted me. "I dare you to kiss her in front of the entire school."

Fuck. I curse in my head. Sanya's policy about PDA. Even if she didn't have anything against it, I couldn't do that to her. Kiss her just to prove a point and shut Faisal's mouth once and for all.