✤ 1.28 kisses are kryptonite ✤

Posted November 14th, 2018

Sanya: 1.28 kisses are kryptonite 

I can feel him shift closer, my back close to touching his chest as he leans over and asks, "Was it about me?"

The flash of us kissing in my dream heats up my body again. The feeling... his touch had left behind such a lingering burn over my skin even though I was awake now.

When I remain silent, he adds. "Are you really going to pretend you want to go back to sleep?" He tries to get me to tell him, "Come on, it's me. You can tell me."

Doesn't he get it? Because it's about him and how it makes me feel, I can't tell him.

He tugs my shoulder to get me to turn and face him. "It was about me, wasn't it?"

Reluctantly, I turn on my back and his face is right there. His lips, so close. I clear my throat to get myself out of this daze. I've always been good at control. Then why is it hard today? Oh, my brain does know the answer. It could have something to do with the words he said last night... that he loves me. Hearing it... that had meant a lot. That had meant everything.

"What happened to not pushing me?"

He sincerely answers having no conflicted thoughts on this matter, "That refers to your social anxiety... not pushing you to speak in public. It doesn't apply to you hiding things from me."

"Then you already know the answer," I say after taking a moment to collect my thoughts. He is smarter than needing to ask me.

His lips turn up and dimples appear. He's amused as he asks next, "What was happening in this dream?"

I open my mouth but there are no words to express. It snaps shut and I start to sit up so he's forced to move back. "You, my friend," I push the blanket aside to get out of bed, "are going to have to do better than that to get that information out of me."

My feet slip into my slippers and I walk around the bed to reach my dresser. From the mirror, I catch him raise a brow, surprised at my courage to resist and talk my way out of offering him the answer without making him work for it.

Yes, he's charming but if that was enough, where is the fun in that?

"Friend? We both know we're more than that." He lets it be known eyes boring into mine through the mirror.

"Are we?"

"Is that how we're going to do this then?"

Fighting my smirk, I reach for my paint brush on the dresser to pin my hair up, "I guess so." Next, I walk to my closet and grab a towel.

I intend to use the bathroom but he is quick to jump out of bed and block my path. I move to my right and he moves to his left. It's the same when I try to walk around him form my left. "What exactly am I going to have to do?"

I shrug my shoulder as if to say, 'figure it out'.

He breathes out and taking the small step forward, rests his forehead against mine. "You really make me work hard to get any answer out of you."

"Then you'll be used to it and it won't be hard." I hold my head high and tell him with a knowing grin. He smiles back, shaking his head in amusement, and I reach up on my toes to peck his temple. Then, without looking at him, I tap his chest twice and nudge him to move so I can walk around him and disappear inside the washroom.

*✧✤--------------------------✤✧*

When I have showered and walk out of the bathroom, Rihaan is sitting at my desk doing something – what, I have no idea. "What are you doing?" I ask walking to the chair since I always drape my towel behind it to let it dry. I have to tap his shoulder to get him to lean forward so I can hang it there.