✤ 1.16 shine for me ✤

Posted September 26th, 2018

Sanya: 1.16 shine for me

Kriana is the first to blink, "Come again?"

I start to retreat after taking in both her and Rihaan's reactions, "Uh, its okay. If it's an invite only..."

Kriana rolls her eyes, "Not that, silly. We're just surprised because even when Aru and I nag you for weeks to come with us somewhere, you don't come and this time, you asked yourself. Anyway, ofcourse you can come! It's not an invite only but even if it were, we have means to sneak you in."

I frown, "You need to stay away from Aru di and her rebellious nature."

She laughs as if it were ridiculous and offers her hand, "Come on, get up. Let's go pick your outfit."

"Oh no," I take her hand to pull myself up but deny, "You're not picking my outfit again. It turned out so well last time."

She defends herself as she starts to push me out of the room, "Hey, I'll have you know. Everyone praised how beautiful you looked in that choli. Rihaan, btw, make that one hour since its two of us."

Still, he yells back through the closed door, "San, you better make sure you're both ready in half hour."

I stifle a laugh as Kriana comments, "You'd think he'd be used to waiting with the number of females in our house."

*✧✤--------------------------✤✧*

We hear Aarav asking Rihaan as Kriana opens my door after we are dressed in roughly forty minutes, "Whose party are you going to again?"

Rihaan informs, "Girish, my friend. You remember him?"

"I do," He answers and Rihaan glances up as we start our descent.

For the seconds that my eyes lock with his, I can't seem to remember how to breathe. He looks dashing in his black dress up shirt and dark jeans. I doubt he put in much effort given he has limited clothes at this house, but he still manages to make my heart flip.

And, I think, it's not just how he looks but how he intensely looks at me that has a bigger impact.

If I wasn't holding to the rail while walking down, I'm afraid I might have slipped. I gulp sharply and blink away trying to keep my blush at bay. I do not want the color to reach my cheeks. Then, I remember the make-up Kriana forced on my face. She kept it subtle, but she did use foundation, concealer, blush, eye shadow and eye liner.

Thankfully she used a neutral color for my eye shadow unlike her smoky eye look and it didn't pull too much focus on my green eyes.

Aarav asks as we reach the end of the stairs, "You're going too?"

"If it's okay." I quickly answer worrying he wouldn't be okay with me going out.

He gives me a ridiculous look for even doubting it wouldn't be and places his hand on top of my head. "Ofcourse it is, kiddo. I'm glad you're finally going. Have fun, okay?"

I smile a nod. I knew he wouldn't have a problem with it... and yet, in the moment, my brain always decides to shut off the good thoughts.

I hate it. I hate that it makes me question my own family's thoughts for me.

He turns to instruct Rihaan, "No drinking for you, you hear me? Both of them better be in their own beds when I wake up in the morning."

Rihaan points out, "Bhai, I always make sure Kriana is back in one piece, don't I?"