✤ 1.13 pretend for me ✤

Posted August 31st, 2018

Rihaan: 1.13 pretend for me

"San, this isn't making sense," I speak after spending the last ten minutes on the said problem and coming out frustrated. "Can you help...?" As I look back, I find her dozed off. I drop my pen atop the book with an exhale.

The sight in front of me is so serene, I wouldn't blink away from it if blinking weren't a natural phenomena. Checking the time, I realize it was quite late. She had went beyond herself to help me catch up in all the lessons I had missed.

She looks so peaceful. So beautiful. Her hair caressing her skin as her chest rises and falls in a soft lull. No one would be able to look at her right now and guess just how much she is constantly fighting with her anxiety. Even when it attempts to bring her down, she doesn't give up on fighting it. her strength at such a young age is unparalleled and I don't think she herself realizes that... just how much she has that others could admire her for.

Tucking a strand of hair off her face, I look at her a second longer. No pressure to look away so I would not be caught admiring her. At the slight disturbance, she nuzzles her head slightly with a cute frown on her face. Smiling in return, I leave her be. The last thing I want is to disturb her sleep.

It faintly reminded me of a time a couple years back. There was a party at my place - my 13th birthday. She had attended with her family as they always did. After a long night of socializing and celebrating with my friends, cutting the cake and everything, I'd slipped away to look for her. As always, she hadn't joined in the cake cutting as everyone would be gathered in one place and that made her uncomfortable.

I had checked her usual places to hide out first. At the end, I went up the stairs towards the terrace when I heard sounds from my room.

I walk closer to open the door and find Sanya standing up from my piano seat with her head hanging low and Trisha in front of her. "... can't just walk into other people's rooms and touch their things."

Sanya remains silent, shifting her balance from one foot to another in nervousness. I interject, marking my presence, "What's going on? Trisha, what are you doing here."

She turns to face me, "Rihaan, good. You are here. Look, I caught her snooping through your things. How shameless."

Clenching my jaw to control myself from snapping at her, I repeat. "What are you doing here?"

I had no problem with Sanya being in my room - even if she was snooping as Trisha said; though I don't believe for a second that Sanya would. I did have a problem with people who were not close to me being in my room and that included Trisha.

She looks taken aback by my clipped tone and the fact that I am questioning her instead of Sanya. "I... I was looking for the washroom."

"There is one downstairs," I inform. Wanting to use the washroom did not explain her presence in my room.

"Well, since I am already here..." She tries to walk around me towards the washroom but I step in lieu to block her path.

Trying to hold on to last shred of politeness, I suggest. "Trisha, use the downstairs washroom. Please. This is my personal one, you understand, right?"

She composes her face to not look offended but I did not care for that. I just wanted her out of my personal space. "I get it. Sorry." She says and throwing one glare towards Sanya, leaves.

The whole time, Sanya had not looked up. I walk after Trisha to close the door before returning to Sanya. She looks so shaken up. Her lips quivering and with her voice on the verge of breaking, she frantically tries to defend herself, "Rihaan, I wasn't... s-snooping. I - I was just... quiet place... headache. Guest room was l-locked so I..."