Part 8- Niece!

Jack's POV

"Jack" Conor said. "Can I speak to you for a moment?!"

When Conor talks like this, I know it's serious.

"Shall I go in your room like yesterday?" Belle asked shyly. 

I could tell she knew Conor and I needed to have a serious conversation.

"Yes please. That would be great" I said, smiling. "Thank you Belle!"

Belle nodded shyly and headed to my room. Once we heard the door close, we began.

"Right, what the hell was that?!" Conor asked, shocked.

"It's a long story" I said.

"Oh, i'll make time don't worry!" Conor said, sternly.

I took a deep breath.

"Well, do you know how I didn't go to the club, I left?!" I asked

"Yeah" he answered.

"Well" I said. "When I was walking, I heard crying coming from down an alley. I knew I couldn't ignore it so I went in and found Belle. She said her parents were gone, they disowned her. So, I asked if she wanted to come back to the flat with me. Once we got back here, I made a few phone calls and social services asked me if I could keep her for the night and that they'd come round in the morning, so I said yes. A woman from social services came round yesterday and Belle explained everything from why she's on the streets to how long"

"That still doesn't explain why you adopted her!" Conor stated.

"Well, the woman from social services had made a few phone calls, looking into Belle's family, and discovered that none of Belle's family were willing to take her in" I explained.

"She must have mentioned orphanages to you though" he stated.

"She did" I said. "But in such a short amount of time I felt attached to Belle. I felt so protective of her. I couldn't bare the thought of her being stuck in an orphanage. She has really bad trust issues and she seemed to actually trust me. I wanted her to have a fresh start and I really wanted to give her it. So, I adopted her!"

"Jack, do you realise how much responsibility looking after a child takes?!" Conor asked, seriously. 

"Yes!"  I said. "And I want her! I want nothing more than to be a father figure to her! I want to give her a happy life!"

There was about a minute silence between the two of us.

"So" I said, breaking the silence. "Do you accept my decision?!"

Conor sighed.

"So" he said. "Where's my niece?!"

End of part 8

A/N:

Yayyyyy! Conor accepts Belle! Do you want them to have a nice niece/uncle relationship?! Well, until next time!

Rachel x