Part 37- Police!

Belle's POV

Dear nobody,

It's been four hours since Jack and Lydia have left to go on holiday. Lydia's friend who's supposed to be looking after me still hasn't came. I'm so confused. I don't mind that Jack and Lydia have gone because they hate me anyway and finally I can feel comfortable at home, but i'm scared and lonely. I don't know what to do! Hopefully Lydia's friend will turn up soon and hopefully she likes me. But if she's anything like Lydia then she won't!

See you tomorrow, Belle.

I'd just put my diary down, when there was banging on the door.

"POLICE!" someone shouted. "OPEN UP!"

I froze. What was happening?!

"POLICE!"

I jumped up. I've never felt so scared!

Why were the police here?!

What have I done wrong?!

I did the only thing I thought to do; I went to the house phone and called Conor.

"Hello?!" he answered.

"Conor!" I sobbed.

"Belle, what's wrong love?!" he asked.

"Police!" I sobbed. "There's police at the door!"

"Sssh, ssh it's ok" he said. "Where's Lydia's friend?!"

"She never came!" I sobbed. "I'm scared!"

"I'm on my way sweetheart!" he said.

*****************

Even after the police constantly telling me to open the door, I didn't. I was too scared in case they hurt me!

There was another knock.

"Belle, sweetheart. It's Conor" Conor said through the door. "Please open the door. No one is gonna hurt you!"

I slowly opened the door to see Conor. Conor came through, along will three police officers. My sobs got heavier. Conor picked me up, placed me on his hip, and walked further into the flat.

"Sssh, ssssh, it's ok babe" he said, hugging and soothing me.

"She never came!" I sobbed.

"Who's in charge of her?!" a policeman asked.

"My brother, but he's on holiday" Conor answered. "Someone was supposed to be looking after her, his girlfriends friend."

"Well, she can't stay alone" he said.

"I'll take her!" Conor said. "She's my niece!"

"We've tried to get a hold of Mr Maynard" he said. "But there's nothing!"

"I'll look after her!" Conor said, kissing my head.

I really was abandoned all over again!

End of part 37

A/N:

Oooooooooof! What will happen to Belle?! What will happen to Jack?! Well, until next time!

Rachel x