A stranger [13]

||

I landed gracefully on the snow, my twin katanas in my grip as I surveyed my surroundings. Did I get warped alone...? Backing up, my spine collides with another and I swivel around, blade pressed into his neck whilst a large shard of ice protruding from the ground stopped centimeters away from my face.

Looks of displeasure cross both our expressions as I dropped my hand, stepping away from his ice. Before I could say anything, Susanoo's warm cloak surrounded me and protected me against  a medium sized fireball. Turning around swiftly, I felt Shoto's back pressed to mine as we were surrounded by multiple villains.

"Tch I never thought I'd need you of all people to cover my back." I grumbled in annoyance as I gripped the hilts of my weapons tighter.

"Trust me, the feelings mutual." He retorted with an equal tone.

A second went by and I shot toward my side of enemies as he pressed his foot down firmly, ice surging across And underneath his villains feet, instantly capturing majority of his side.

"Show off." I clicked my tongue, slashing my villains side down one by one. Kneeing an enemy in the gut, I slam the heel of my foot into his face causing the male to crash into the snow face first, resting my foot on his unconscious body. Crossing my arms, i observe the dual haired boys fighting style, taking notice of how he didn't let the villains get to close, always keeping distance. Long range and mid range fighter huh? Interesting. I say, as I eyed a camouflaged villain try to sneak up on the boy from above a large boulder. Bringing my right Katana back, I pitch the weapon with deadly accuracy, pinning the now petrified villain to the boulder.

Shoto was startled by the sudden yelp from behind him as he finished off the last villain. Turning around, he quirked a brow at the now pale villain that was pinned to the boulder behind him by a katana. His calculating eyes, shifted from the weapon to its owner masking his surprise. Izanami stepped off of the unconscious head of a villain, crossing her arms with an annoyed expression. "Don't flatter yourself, it would be a hassle to have to drag your body to the others." He cocked his head, in slight irritation pressing his foot firmly  toward her as Ice shot straight for her.

My eyes turned to saucers at the sudden incoming ice, and I dodged narrowly. "Oi! The hell is your problem." I hiss, marching toward his indifferent form as I snatched his collar up, left katana aimed for decapitation. "Is that a way to thank the person that just saved your life."

"Eh?" Question marks hovered over my head as he pointed behind me. Glancing over my shoulder, my eyes widen at the frozen mid-air villain whom had a large cleaver. Releasing my grip, I step back away from the dual haired boy with puffed cheeks in embarrassment. "Y-you didn't need to do that, i could have handled him."

He rolls his eyes ushering to the pinned villain on the boulder. "I could say the same to you."

With a scowl I push past him, folding my arms as I stood in front of the pinned pale faced villain. "Guess that just makes us even now."

"I just prefer to not be in debt." He corrects as he took place beside me, glaring down the villain. If looks could kill, the poor guy would be 10 feet under as Shoto did the talking. Even if he was annoying, I have to admit that I did respect his quirk and his wits in battle.

As, Shoto attempted to interrogate the villain, I grew restless as I exhaled deeply. I now took notice of the poor clothing attire I had on in this terrain and instantly regretted my decision to wear my costume. My breaths came out in short puffs and my feet felt numb from the wetness of the snow seeping in.

"That's it." I hissed with saucer eyes, pushing past a shocked Shoto and yanking my other katana from the villains shirt. The familiar warmth of Susanoo's cloak enveloped me and the lone skeletal arm of my first stage appeared, holding the villain in a tight grip.