Sports festival[17]

||

Me and Shoto walk side by side into the school silently after press.

"You're awfully quiet today."

"Isn't that how we've always been."

I laugh dryly as he uses my own words against me clasping my bandaged hands behind me with a thoughtful expression.

"Touché." I mutter.

He suddenly stops causing me to quirk a brow glancing over my shoulder.
He had his usual blank expression but his eyes were much colder then before.
"Despite not wanting to admit it, you are strong."

I tilt my head, squinting my eyes not understanding where this was all coming from. I expected him to bring up the Ginza incident like Izuku but I thought wrong. Truth be told, I was a little relieved that he didn't bring it up. I had enough on my plate as it is about the ordeal.

"That's why I will beat you without using my left side."

Shoto stared intently at the silent girl as she cocked her head. "I'm insulted." His eyes widen not expecting that response as she turns around, with a scowl.
"If you think you're gonna beat me without using your full power you're mistaken."

"I'd say we're both the same then seeing as you aren't to fond of using your quirk either." He responds.

Instantly, tension coats the room as I frown, crimson orbs connecting with his.
"Although it seems we both have some daddy issues, me and you are no where near the same." Taking a step forward, I glance at his left hand, with a blunt expression.

"You refuse to use your power or your fathers power as you call it because you're afraid that doing so you'll automatically give into your father. I refuse to use my power because by doing so, I risk losing control and repeating my past sins. I risk becoming my father, something I admit we both have in common."

My conversation with Izuku comes into mind causing my frown to deepen.
"However, my power is my own. What I do with it, is my choice. And that is something my father will never have. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for you now can I?"

Turning around, I shrug my shoulders, hands raised in surrender.
"But who am I to tell you what to do with your power, right?"

"It's your power after all." I end, walking away.
||

I rest my chin on my palm boredly as people chattered around me in excitement. As I expected, I was still the outcast of the class because of my little outburst but I didn't care. I could feel Izuku's concerned eyes on me at some point but ignored the freckled haired boy.
Someone suddenly slams their hands down beside me causing me to jump. Sighing in exasperation I turn my head to look at the blazing blonde. I didn't expect him to bring up the Ginza incident because as nosy as the ash blond was, he wasn't the type to give two shits about going down memory lane. If anything he was more focused on winning this competition than the blood I had on my hands.

"I just want you to know I'm taking number one and that means wiping the floor with you."

Told ya.

I sweat drop shifting my chin in my hand to peer at the ash blonde.
"What is up with you guys and declaring war on me."

Katsuki stares at the unbothered girl with his lip jutted out in annoyance, "What do you mean other guys?! I'm the only one who's allowed to kick your ass!"