For fucks sake, Deku?! [29]

"Greetings, for I am here!"

All Might said with his hands on his hips, the entire class standing in front of a large urban training area with pipes. I sighed lazily examining everyone's costumes taking note of how Izuku had changed his up a bit. He was cuter with the Might ears.

"I hope you're ready to get back to your basic hero training, it's been a while! Now then listen carefully for what's in store. We're gonna be conducting a little race. Take everything you've learned in your internship and implement it into this rescue practice!" All Might raised his hand, pointing his finger up.

Iida's hand shot up immediately, "If this is rescue training, shouldn't this activity take place in the USJ?"

"No, that place is for disasters. As I said earlier this is a race, so you're about to step into field Gamma! Where narrow lanes and packed spaces make this construction site seem more like a complex labyrinth. You'll be competing in groups of five with the exception of one team due to the odd number of students!"

I scanned the area with a bland expression knowing I won't be able to use anything but my first stage do to the packed environment. Great.

"When I've given the distress signal somewhere in the arena, you'll start simultaneously from out of bounds! This is a competition to see who can come to my aid f- blah blah blah."

Geez he talks to much. I thought in annoyance.
First one to reach him wins. Simple. That's all he needed to say.

"Starting group, take your positions!"

"eh?" I blinked in confusion as I glanced at the others taking place on either side of me. Izuku, Ojiro, Iida, Mina, and Sero were my opponents. We're about to start?

"Iida hasn't made a full recovery yet, he should sit this one out..."

"Everyone in this group has really good mobility."

"If you ask me I'd say Midoriya has a heavy disadvantage against those five." Momo commented from the spectator area.

Jiro hummed in agreement sitting next to her, "Yeah, moving around quickly isn't exactly his strong suit. And whenever he uses his power he always gets badly injured."

"I say Sero will take first place." Kirishima betted, his finger raised.

Kaminari sat on the ground with the red haired boy, " I got odds on Ojiro."

"I say Ashido, cause she's got a super athletic body." Mineta pointed at the pink skinned girl through the screen.

"I know Deku will be last," Bakugou growled sourly.

"Even If He has that wound handicapping him, I feel like Iida's going to win." Uraraka said with her legs crossed, Tsuyu nodding in agreement.

"Don't forget Izanami, like it did during the assessment test, her quirk will give her a tremendous increase in not only strength but speed." Shoto pointed out the indifferent girl.

"Start!!"

Sero shot his tape at the pole, Mina used her acid to slide on the ground, Ojiro used his tail to give him a boost, Iida's engines revved to life as he raced forward, and Midoriya took off with god speed.

"Look at him go! Seros got this in the bag!" Kirishima beamed as Shoji spoke next to him.
"Which could mean that Sero has the advantage since he can take to the sky."

"W-why is Shi-san not moving..." Ochaco pointed out as the class wondered in confusion as to why the silver haired teen had yet to move.

"If she doesn't get going she'll lose?" Tsuyu stated.