VII

Chapter Seven : The beginning of war

Later on that night Riq was posted on the block with his gang . They were making plans on going out of town that night to make a few sells . They never sold in the Bricks they always went out to the rich neighborhood and sold their product to rich white kids for more than it was worth.

" I heard they were having a Frat party out on the east shore I say we hit that bitch up " Nate suggested .

" Yeah , them niggas on the east shore are gullible as hell last time I sold this nigga a dime bag for a hundred dollars " Zo bragged .

They were about to hop in their car and head off but were distracted by gunshots . " That shit sounded close as fuck " Riq said as they all hid on the side of his car .

" You hear that " Tay asked as they heard some men talking .

" I don't see them GMBAM niggas , I thought you said they be posted on this block every night " Black said to Joker as they drove down the street slowly .

" I've been riding past here everyday for two months and they've been out here every single day " Joker said . Black had him watching their moves for months to figure out their pattern , he didn't want to jump into a war he let them get comfortable first and then attacked them when they least expected it .

" Well fuck it that's that nigga Riqs car lets send a message " Black said .

" Roll under the car " Riq said to Nate , Tay and Zo . They all rolled under the car just as they heard gunshots fire out and glass shattering . After a minute it stopped but they said laying under the car for five minutes before they got up . " We going to Cash's house to sit this out  , I know they ain't gonna leave the neighborhood right away " He said and they all nodded as they ran to Cash's house that was down the street from where they were and starting banging on the door .

She heard banging on the door and looked and Yanni and Coco frightened. They all heard the gunshots and she was scared that it was Black coming to get revenge on them. " Maybe it's Dhaz " Yanni said .

" Maybe it's not " Coco whisper yelled .

" I can't ask who it is because if it is them then they're gonna know i'm in here and bust the door open " She said torn between what to do . She wanted to open the door in case it was her brother but she didn't in case it was black and his team .

" Cash it's me " Riq yelled. She sighed of relief and opened the door letting him and his friends in . " We need to sit here for a lil while until heat dies down . Your house is the closest " He said as they all made themselves comfortable on her couch .

" Why you couldn't go to Minnie's house ? " Cash snapped as she locked the door .

" Like I just said yours is the closest " Riq said.

" So you would've went to her house ? " Cash asked folding her arm across her chest .

" If it was the closest yeah " Riq said .

" Whatever did you see my brother out there ? " She asked . She hadn't heard from Dhaz since he left out early that morning an she was worried.